Thursday, May 6, 2021

Bye Bye Birdies


We actually said goodbye to these four friends today, four little wrens that just hatched a few weeks ago.  At one point today, we saw the nest, and noticed it was completely empty!  This picture was just taken not much earlier.  They grow up so fast!


The great news is that we have our front door back!  We can open and close it, and open it and close it again just because.


Today was a great day, although a quiet day.  Madison didn't have a Milestones test today, so it was a much more relaxed day at school.  She was an instructor at taekwondo again tonight, leading the entire class in the opening exercises, and hopefully getting more and more comfortable as a leader.  She's enjoying the help and guidance she can bring to the class.  After this class, she's in her own leadership class, working with the bo staff and earning a few more bruises with that one!


We got home to an amazing fish dinner.  I'm so glad that fish is good for you, as I never get tired of it.  And Mom makes it so delicious too!  Speaking of things that are good for you, I was at cardio therapy, and things really are getting better each day.  My pace was higher - I think I did about three miles on the treadmill.  My heart rate and blood pressure are in just the right place, and I love being on that treadmill now, because I know it's doing me good.  I'm doing so much better than I was two months ago.


Tonight's programming was just one episode of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," as Madison had to spend a good bit of time studying for her Math Milestones tomorrow.  She feels a lot more confident about it, which is great for her.  I love it when she feels good about things, and not so worried.  She's so self-driven with these tests.  


We did read a bit tonight, although not too much.  A good night's rest is important, and that's for us too.  


No comments:

Post a Comment