Monday, May 10, 2021

Kingdom Keepers


So we're really into these books now, the Kingdom Keepers series.  We're on book three currently, and again, I've read all these before.  But I'm remembering a lot as we re-read these out loud, and Maddie is enjoying the journey back through the parks and whatnot.  There are twelve books and a novella that I'm searching for right now, so we'll be in this series for a good while now, apparently!  I offered alternatives, but she wants to keep plugging along, and that's okay with me.  


Here's Juliet this morning - it's been a little rainy out there, but she and the rest of the village out there are standing up to the rain well enough.  It's also getting colder, so I'm not sure how she'll like that given she's got short sleeves and all. 


I had a busy day today.  First at cardio therapy for more walking, and then to a car dealership down in Alpharetta to get one of the cars checked up on.  It's doing well, but that took time.  Meanwhile, Mom and Nana were next door at a Goodwill, picking up a few items.  I peeked in at one time, getting a few things myself, including a new video game and a Michael W. Smith CD that I didn't have before.  


Madison was at school and she's starting trigonometry, which I have such a difficult time spelling.  Oh, and actually doing too.  It's been a while.  She's also working on a project on Henry County.  You read that right.  Henry County.  She was given choices as to what county in Georgia she could pick to do a project on.  And you'd think she's be all over Rabun County or Chatham or Ware or Stephens or ... anything.  I've been poking fun at her all day over that one.  In retrospect, she admits she probably could have chosen a county like that.  But Henry County it is, and she's learning a thing or two about it, so I suppose there's something there to that. 


We played some Disney Infinity today, going to the planet Hoth again, just because that's been one of our favorite destinations this year.  And tonight she spent some time studying for her upcoming math test, plus doing a bit towards her Henry County project.  



Yes, that's really happening.  I wasn't making it up!  She sort of wishes she picked something else, but you know what?  She'll probably be the most knowledgable person in her school when it comes to Henry County.  She'll probably know more about Henry County than people that actually live in Henry County!  She currently knows a whole lot more than I do about Henry County, that's for sure.


Anyway, meanwhile, the rest of us were watching the movie you see pictured above, "Gnomeo and Juliet."  Because why not?  Seriously, I do like that movie.


We read tonight, and went to bed early after reading from Exodus and from Kingdom Keepers.  It was a pretty full day of driving around for me, and after prayers, I'm ready for bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment