Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Baby Drivers


So today we filmed some KPTV games for future online episodes, and the funny thing about today were these little baby dolls.   They were these hyperrealistic little baby dolls, and they just creeped us all out.  So we put them inside the Lil Tykes cars you see above and... well... you can see what we did.  We had a jump ramp, and were launching them for distance.  It wasn't an official KidPak game, but it was pretty zany!

Anyway, it was a good day today.  I walked Wild Adventures park this morning - from my treadmill.  It looks like a nice place.  I added another park after that, just walking along there.  I'm doing 45 minutes a day, and it's been good.  Madison wrapped up her taiga project tonight, and there was a bit of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." as well.  But the big news of the day were the yearbooks.  The students got their yearbooks, and there was so much excitement behind that.  Madison got a lot of signatures on there, and there were some tears of course, although those come easier for Madison at the end of every school year.  But this year is different of course, because it's eight grade and the end of middle school.  I'm not sure I can even wrap my head around that right now.

We didn't have any classes tonight, but Madison was working on that project a good bit.  She was also doing a tiny bit of piano practice.  She's supposed to have a recital this weekend upcoming, but she's definitely not ready with "Married Life."  She may pick another song - we'll see tomorrow how things progress.  

It was a good day.  I'm getting help at the office, and it's our friend Camille.  I'm super happy about that, as I've always known she was coming in this direction, another little message I got way back in 2017.  I was struggling to keep up, and we were in the midst of Summer Xtreme 2017, and I was just not feeling much like a winner at that time.  That's when we all went to see "Cars 3," and I saw myself as Lightning McQueen, not quite ready to retire, but also trying to figure out my place.  And so this younger character comes in, Cruz Ramirez, and I just knew it was Camille.  I didn't tell her at the time, as she was just graduating.  Also, I didn't know she'd have to walk through a bit of the "you don't belong here," at the time, but I did know she was going to help us win the race, so to speak.  I knew that she has the same gift of writing.  I've been watching people's scripts and messages for twenty years and I've never seen anyone write like her, both scripts and messages.  Anyway, she'll be here soon, and one of my joys is getting to help raise up this next generation.  Cruz Ramirez has a 95 on the side of her car, the same year Camille was born.  And in the end, Cruz wins the big race as everyone - including Lightning McQueen - looks on. It's become one of my favorite movies.  We watched that tonight while Madison was working.  It's been a while, and in fact I think the last time we saw it was on the Disney Cruise.  But I do love that movie, and all that it's come to mean for me.

We said our prayers tonight, and did a bit of reading as always.  And soon enough, we were off to sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment