Thursday, May 13, 2021

Testing

Madison got some good news today learning that she didn't have to take the Spanish final.  The reason for this was due to her grade being so outstanding in that class.  I asked her if she wanted to take it anyway, just for fun... but you can probably imagine the response that got!


I was at cardiotherapy again this morning, walking along with the wires on me.  I'm losing a bit of weight lately, as I'm on this thing about 45 minutes a day.  The progress the last two days hasn't been great, and I'm not entirely sure why.  I'm not increasing speed yet, and in fact slowing down somewhat.  I think that perhaps I was pushing too hard too soon, but I don't know.  We'll try something different next time, and while I'm at home I'll just take it easy.


Maddie had her second big test for math today, and she was fairly relaxed about it.  She didn't study that much, feeling a bit more confident about it.  She felt like she did pretty good on it, in fact.  We'll see how things turn out, but she felt pretty good afterwards.  


Tonight there wasn't any taekwondo, as this week has been belt testing for the different groups.  Maddie's not involved in this, although she helped out a bit earlier in the week.  She'll be back tomorrow.  So tonight we were watching some more of our current television show, "Agents of "S.H.I.E.L.D." and even playing some Star Wars video games.  


The weather has been cold outside!  It was 53 outside in the morning, and it's May.  Everyone was pretty chilly outside, understandably.  Suddenly, we're all wearing jackets again, dressing for fall?  Or late winter?  Not sure!  It's been a cooler May outside.  The neighborhood pool is open again on weekends, but I imagine there won't be as many people diving in until things heat up a little.


Tonight's meal was magnificent, a chicken marsala and asparagus that Mom made.  We've been keeping an eye on the sodium and saturated fat, and Mom has been super diligent about having some healthy choices on the table.  Tonight's meal was superb though.  We are so blessed to have a master chef in the house!


We closed out the day reading about the golden calf in the book of Exodus, which is so hard to believe.  The Message translation can be amusing at times, either that or I'm laughing at something I shouldn't.  Anyway, God tells Moses that He won't travel with the Israelites, because if He does, He'll probably get angry and kill them all!  



We read from Kingdom Keepers 3 tonight, "Disney in Shadow," and one side story was our mini-quest to find the Kingdom Keepers novella called "Unforeseen."  It takes place between books six and seven, so we have a ways to go.  But you cannot find it anywhere online anymore.  I was looking all over.  Fortunately, Mom remembered how I downloaded that story to the Kindle, and sure enough we found it there.  Eventually I'll figure a way to get it off that device, but at least we have it to read when the time comes.  I've presented Maddie with other options for reading, but she's hooked.  We'll be reading "Kingdom Keepers" for perhaps the rest of the year!


Tonight we said our prayers, and yes, we were thankful we had gas in the car.  Gas stations are out everywhere, and it's crazy.  There were so many out there filling up extra tanks and barrels, and that's what brought us to this station, so to speak.  Now the gas is all gone, and everyone is watching their usage.  It'll be back soon enough, so we're not really worried.  But it's crazy how easy people go into panic mode.  


Anyway, we said our prayers, and went to sleep tonight.  It was a good day today.


No comments:

Post a Comment