Wednesday, May 26, 2021

All A's All Three Years

 


Here's Madison today at the Little Mill Awards ceremony, making a brief cameo at the front of the room.  She got yet another A on a math test, and that jumped her final grade point average to a 92 in math.  She got a 99 in social studies, a 95 in language arts, a 97 in physical science, a 98 in Spanish, a 100 in PE, and a 94 in art.  


The end result was all A's for all three years at Little Mill Middle.  She did this on her own.  I mean sure there was help from us, and there were some good teachers.  But she did all the work and she kept it going the whole time.  She did outstanding.


Those above images are screen captures from a virtual awards ceremony, which basically means they had the ceremony earlier today at the school where they filmed it.  Then tonight, they put it online so that all the parents could then see it.  We all sat down to watch it, and did our clapping when Madison went up to receive her award.  She got a certificate, which you can clearly see her holding up, but she also got a medal for academic achievement.


It was a good day today, although another hot one.  No rain this time to cool things off.  I was huffing and puffing this morning at the cardio therapy, going faster than I've gone yet.  Despite some technical issues with the EKG attached to me and a small slowdown at the mid-point, I still managed to eek out 3.14 miles in 45 minutes.  I'm not quite running yet, but I'm doing 4.4-4.5 miles per hour for 45 minutes, and the hope is I can eventually be running this.  I'm doing 5k each day now in about 45, so I'm getting used to the distance and picking up speed slowly.  Eventually, there might be running, and maybe even some day an actual 5k race.  Not that I have any ambitions about winning, or even placing.  It would just be neat to actually be involved.  Some time ago I remember seeing treadmills on a Disney Cruise, and I thought to myself, "Who would do that?"  And now I'm realizing that I would actually be the one to do that!


Anyway, we had one last piano class tonight to go to.  Maddie was doing scales, and got somewhat of a summer assignment, practicing scales and a few of the songs that she's been working on, including "Married Life" and "Victor's Piano Solo."  She's wanting to add "Davy Jones" to the mix, so we'll have to find some good sheet music for that.  We're in a pirating mood all of the sudden.  


In fact, tonight we were back at Disney Infinity again, playing the Stitch game where you have to defend the rubber ducks hidden under clothes baskets from an alien invasion.  Maddie was Stitch, and I chose our crystal Jack Sparrow.  We played that for a few rounds, and then by the time Mom and Nana were joining us in the living room, it was back to an episode of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."  


Mom has got some good work done in the yard, but not much this afternoon due to the heat.  It's forcing her inside, and that's not a great thing with Nana, who needs something to do all the time or it gets bad.  Tomorrow they'll be out doing a bit of shopping, but for today it's been rough.  It's like that every day, of course.  She mutters all the time about wanting to be with her husband, and goes off to her room crying, or back and forth from the front porch to the back deck with no idea what to do.  We offers options and ask her what she wants to do, but nothing has come up that she wants to do.  So the muttering continues.  Mom and I have been quoting Eleanor from Brave, "A princess doesn't mutter," and using the Scottish accent too.


Okay, moving on.  One more day of school tomorrow.  Madison will be emotional, I'm sure.  But it's still a good mood she's been in, as things have relaxed quite a bit on her workload.  No studying, no recitals, no nothing.  But she's earned a good break though.  


Tonight we were back in "Kingdom Keepers," and we're encountering Gigabyte, a giant snake.  Ew.  Maddie's enjoying the ongoing adventures though, and so we'll probably keep on reading these books.  It's interesting how quickly the parks evolve.  There are all these references to the Wonders of Life pavilion, which I remember visiting.  I'm glad I got to see it before it closed.  I was never a fan of the "Body Wars" ride, although I loved the idea.  It just made me nauseous with the motion.  "Cranium Command" was a fun experience though, and I think it inspired the movie "Inside Out."  Anyway, as I was doing the POV walk through EPCOT the other morning on the treadmill, I noticed the construction around the geodesic dome, and it looks like things are changing yet again.  Life goes on, and that's pretty much what's happening with Maddie too - tomorrow's her last day of Middle School.  Things won't be the same, and of course you miss the old days.  But there are great days coming too.


We said our prayers tonight, and we were genuinely thankful for the day.  It was another good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment