Friday, September 17, 2021

KKVI

There's always time for reading.  Tonight, I got home super late and was super tired, but you know something?  I get as much out of bedtime stories as Maddie does, and we've really been into this Kingdom Keeper series thus far.  Currently, the team members are roaming the Disney Dream, making us wish we were right there with them.  The adventure takes place onboard the ship, or as things start in the story, off the ship:



They get back on, of course, and they roam around familiar locations onboard, each one we can picture as they're mentioned.  It really makes us both want to get back on the ship.  I've been on a Disney cruise about four times, I think, on the Dream for three of those.  It sounds as if we may be able to go on a cruise again some day, although there are questions about vaccinations and so forth.  Also passports.  We have to get mine updated, I think.  Until then, we're happy to read about someone else's adventures aboard the Dream, although there might be a little more peril than I'd like to have personally while on a cruise.  I mean, ravenous hyenas wandering deck four might be one of those things you won't want to advertise, and the oversized sleeping bat god hidden around the theater area should be one of those things you keep to yourself.  


It was the last day before Fall Break, but once more, we're not exactly going anywhere.  We'll call it a "staycation," although at times it seems more like an ongoing prison sentence.  We're doing the best we can, but it's hard to stay cheery with such a restless and miserable soul in the house.  Nothing we can offer will bring her peace, and she's part of that equation, not wanting to do anything but sit, stare, and frequently look up to the heavens and mutter, crying.  Every.  Single.  Day.  


Mom has to endure the worst of it each day, and we come home to take Nana with us and give Mom some breaks in the day.  Usually Mom has "something she needs to do" at home while Nana, Maddie and I go off to taekwondo.  Tonight, however, was the start of another big conference at the church.  I was doing a few different tasks tonight, but it was a late night.  My current condition is not exactly ideal for this sort of conference, given the recent brush with a certain virus, and of course the heart issues.  Nevertheless, I was there, and I'll be there tomorrow in the morning, early.  It was a full day, and everyone seemed to have a great time at the conference.  There were lots of pictures, and I took a good number of them as usual.  But we had a lot of help this year with the photo ops, which were so numerous that we had several college students assigned to posts along the wall, with myself and others acting as "photo wall captains."  Not long ago, I was the only one on a photo wall, and now there are fifteen.  It was so much that I was able to help in other ways, and I was grateful for the change of pace, or at least the opportunity to stop and take a breather.  Like I said, I'm not 100% yet. Yet!  I'll be there soon enough.  


Anyway, Mom, Nana and Maddie went to taekwondo tonight, and it was just the leadership class tonight, as the black belt class was not happening tonight due to a special event at the studio.  Nevertheless, she had a great time, and I was having fun too, of course.  I just would much rather be with the family sometimes.  I love watching Maddie throw those kicks like a sudden flash of lightning.  She really enjoys going to class.  


I saw everyone late tonight, and then we were all asleep after prayers.  I am worn out.


No comments:

Post a Comment