Saturday, September 4, 2021

College Game Day


This morning, I was part of a College Game Day cast on stage for a Men's Breakfast at Free Chapel.  You can see me to the right on the picture above, making predictions about who I thought would win this day or that.  Incidentally, all of my predictions for the day actually came true.  I was 100% accurate, and if you know anything about my knowledge of college football, you'd laugh at that.  Because I know very little.  But I said UCLA would win over LSU, and of course Alabama would beat Miami.  But the big game of the day was Georgia versus Clemson, and for this game I brought out a ridiculous hat that I made earlier in the morning to proclaim who I thought would win.


Of course, being closer to Athens and surrounded by Bulldogs fans, I went with UGA.  I bought these letters, some paint, and the hat this morning.  I printed a card stock bulldog, and glued it all together at the last minute to make this thing - but it was a big moment.  The Bulldogs fans loved it.  And speaking of which, they actually won the game today.  It was a huge game, not that I watched it.  We were actually off somewhere else... back at the rodeo!


Yep, tonight we went to the rodeo.  Mom was having her symptoms, so Nana and she stayed home while Maddie and I went off to the rodeo.  It wasn't our first rodeo.  Maddie's now been three times.  We missed last year's due to the events of last September.  But we were back today because, to quote Maddie, "It's tradition."  I got this great photo of a bull rider tonight, setting my camera speed a lot higher - it's such a fast thing.  I don't think I would ever do this willingly.  Not on my bucket list at all.  


Anyway, tonight's rodeo started with a stirring tribute to the soldiers that recently died in Afghanistan.  Thirteen participants carrying thirteen American flags walked out slowly into position while solemn music played in the background.  Everyone had their hats off and hands over their hearts.  It was a moving moment.

That's when the rodeo itself started, after the National Anthem and an opening prayer.  Maddie and I enjoyed some funnel cake, and some roping, wrestling, bucking, and barrel racing too.  It was a fun night - here are some of the photos I took from the event.








The two of us got back super late, but we had a great time.  We have to get up early tomorrow, so no reading tonight.  Just prayers, and almost immediately, we were both asleep faster than a horse racing around barrels.

No comments:

Post a Comment