Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Autumn Beauty at the Botanical Gardens

 

So Autumn Beauty is now standing regally at the Botanical Gardens, and she looks like she belongs there. Mom's creation was set up there yesterday, and we don't have any control over where, and that's okay.  So it was a surprise to see it so close to the entrance to the gardens there, overlooking the pond and the visitors as they enter the garden area.  



This was something we always wanted to do, and you can check this off whatever list there is, because Mom accomplished something rather nice here.  The end result looks fantastic, and it looks wonderful standing there amongst the flowers and plants.  

 

It hasn't gone through a good rain storm yet, so we're not sure how it will handle that part.  This morning, I showed up at the gardens with my season pass, and I touched up a few things from the move, but they were very minor.  Mostly I just wanted to make sure it got moved okay, and it did.  Autumn Beauty's home will be at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens in Gainesville until the first part of November, and I'm sure she'll have more visitors from our house very soon.  I can't wait for Mom to see her in person, but until then, I took a lot of pictures to send home, and even a small video to show where Autumn Beauty is located.











The rest of the day was a work day, and a lot of work, in fact.  I was at a Christmas meeting, talking about our Christmas production.  And then there was all the other KidPak stuff going on, including our October 31st service.  We've got lots of plans going on.  I finished up Neverland at the other campuses, and I'm pretty excited to have those scripts done ahead of time to send to everyone.


Maddie was studying tonight, watching some television, and talking with friends online tonight.  The rest of us watched "Goosebumps," and I was reminded that we found a pretty great looking collection of RL Stine books earlier in the year, a hard cover collection that looks really great.  So before bed, just for fun, I started to read one his books, which I've never read before.  I'm starting with "Night of the Living Dummy," just because we're entering that season and it might be a fun and fairly easy read.

But Maddie is all about Kingdom Keepers right now, and even there in the story is a spooky element, as the Keepers are battling all kinds of supernatural villains.  We said our prayers tonight before bed, and she got to bed earlier.  I myself stayed up late working on an activity for Camille's small group night.

It was a decent day, highlighted by the beginning of Autumn Beauty's reign at the botanical gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment