Sunday, January 29, 2023

Black Panther Party

Wow, what a night.  So we've had a few near misses.  Let's start with traffic last night.  On the way home, we were starting to go through a light at an intersection, alongside another road.  It was a green light, so that part was normal.  What was not normal was a near miss - a car going over 100mph through the intersection, through the red-light, and nearly hitting us.  I felt something help me let off the gas pedal, and I'm going to give all credit to God, because had I pressed that gas pedal more, I would have driven our car directly into the path of this incoming 100mph missile.  It would have killed the other driver.  And Maddie was in the passenger seat.  Obviously, I was shaken.  But praying and thankful and all sorts of emotional.


We got home, and we started to watch "The Chosen" again, but right in the middle of that, I started to feel symptoms of yuk.  We're talking the same exact symptoms Mom had earlier, and I knew I was in trouble.  Can you believe that while Maddie was at that party, I had set up everything at the church, feeling completely healthy?  Suddenly, this struck, and the next thing you know I was up all night in the bathroom for reasons I don't feel compelled to explain at the moment.  The point is, things were ready at church, even though I wasn't there.  


The near miss of all this is how violent this sort of illness tends to be.  You know the kind.  Anyway, here's the near miss part:  Nana wasn't in the house anymore.  I cannot imagine what it would have been like if she had contacted this illness.  It wouldn't have been good at all.  I believe a hospital visit would have been necessary.


So we didn't go to church this morning.  I just couldn't.  I was too tired and weak and exhausted and sick.  And Maddie didn't go either, as she was in this house with two sick people.  So she slept in a bit, but we all watched church service from home together.  The KidPak service turned out alright, and we got updates on that throughout the morning from cast members, and of course Camille, Josh, and other friends.


We saw the upstairs service for the church, but I was also asleep.  I wanted to make sure I was rested enough to get Maddie to her friend's house tonight, because she was going there to have a Black Panther Party.  Since the sequel is released next week on streaming services, this week the Maddie went to a friend's house to watch "Black Panther."  I was pretty wiped out, but while at home I was watching "The Chosen" with Mom and even playing a "Cars" video game, "Driven to Win."  I just wanted to say I love the "Cars" franchise so much.  Anyway, I had just enough energy to go get Maddie again, and got home to do reading, and prayer.  My stomach was still churning, but I did manage to get some more sleep this night.


No comments:

Post a Comment