Saturday, April 24, 2021

Immersion's End

 


This morning, Madison's "Immersion" class ended after six weeks of intense training.  The kids did a small routine at the end of it for all the parents to see, and you can see Madison's portions of it in the video above.  She did well!


It was a rainy day, and it was much-needed.  The pollen issue alone made us all cry out for rain, just to wash the vile stuff away.  I've been wheezing a whole lot lately, and Madison has been stuffy-nosed too.


It rained hard, and that was okay.  We were out in it for a bit, and after Madison's class, I just didn't have anything left in me to do anything further today.  This was greatly disappointing to me, as I wanted to go see Praise in Motion today over at Flowery Branch.  But I just have to take it easy.  In fact, I got home, and we had a cauliflower pizza, and then I was asleep fairly soon after that, taking a pretty good afternoon nap.


Madison spent a good portion of the day working on social studies homework and studying for an upcoming test somewhat.  Then she was practicing on the piano.  The rest of us were watching a movie called "The Big Year," which we've never seen before, but it was pretty fun.  I like seeing the different kinds of birds around the neighborhood, but this sort of thing seems pretty intense.  I mean, I'm okay with seeing different types of birds, but keeping track of nine different types of orioles and so on would be a bit tiresome for me.


Speaking of which, my healing process is slow going.  I get tired easily.  I have respiratory issues that I think may be related to the pollen, but then again these phantom pains also spark up thoughts of trouble, and so I just go to a place to rest and sit down and just sort of wait for things to pass.  Next week begins cardiotherapy, and hopefully a higher degree in confidence.


Tonight's programming was "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.", which is moving along quickly through season one.  We're somewhere in November, right after the second "Thor" movie, which really takes you back a ways.  But this was such a good show back then.  It had it's ups and downs, but it was always supported by some great characters you really cared about.  


We read tonight, and we prayed together.  A lot of people around us were getting some pretty big chunks of hail coming down in Forsyth, Dawson and Hall Counties.  Not us here, and that's honestly okay.  We don't need big hail.  We're doing just fine, thank you!  


No comments:

Post a Comment