Saturday, April 17, 2021

High Ground


 Disney Infinity is back for a time.  Madison and I have been playing the game together lately, specifically the Star Wars levels.  You can see where Madison set up all the Star Wars figures above.  I thought it was peculiar that she had set up Obi Wan Kenobi up there at the top, away from everyone... but then I got the joke:  he has the high ground!


So this morning Madison was back with her immersion class with taekwondo.  They were training very hard, all of it leading up to next weekend where there'll be a demonstration.  I'll want to be there for that one.  I opted to stay home this time though, resting and recovering.  We've decided it's best for me to stay at home a bit longer, including our church service we'll usually attend tomorrow morning.  So Mom went off to watch and enjoy Maddie's trainings at Edge ATA and maybe do a little bit of online work there, and while they were out, Nana and I watched another Bond movie in the cue, "For Your Eyes Only."  First of all, I noted in the credits that a character who appeared in another of the movies.  It's a bit part, an assistant named Smithers, who worked with Q in the lab.  It was a tiny recurring character that I hadn't noticed before, but the neat thing about him is that it's the same actor who portrays Boba Fett in "The Empire Strikes Back."  ANYWAY, this was one of my favorites growing up.  


Tonight Mom had shepherd's pie for us, and that was delicious of course.  Madison did a lot of her piano practice today, and finished up her homework, yes on a Saturday.  This cleared the way so we can play some of that Disney Infinity, and while we were doing that, Mom was outside doing some yardwork with Nana.  The weather was perfect.


Our good friend from church Diana showed up to visit, and actually brought some Chick-Fil-A for Madison.  Together we sat out on the back deck on an absolutely gorgeous day.  Mom set up the deck umbrella, and we all sat and chatted for a bit about a wide range of topics.  Everyone is doing well at church.  I do miss them all.


Tonight we finally joined the rest of the human race and finally watched "Hamilton."  It's about Alexander Hamilton, and it was actually pretty good!  It's a play, and therefore it's a bit longer.  But it was good, and the music is instantly catchy.  Mom doesn't like rap music at all, but Madison and I enjoyed the production thoroughly, and amazingly, Nana was right there with us, also enjoying it.  


We read tonight, and we prayed again too.  I am thankful for every new day, and taking it one day at a time.  There are ups and downs.  There are chest pains that are simply gas or whatever, and yet they become amplified in the imagination.  There are arm pains that also do the same thing.  I'm still sore from the procedure - certainly in this arm.  I'm taking ten pills a day, and I added two tonight because I needed something for the pain in the arm.  It might be from playing video games with the controllers.  I'm not sure.  But overall, things are moving forward, and I'm still here.  I'm getting better, whether I feel that way or not.  I can't wait to be normal again.


No comments:

Post a Comment