Thursday, April 22, 2021

Honor

We were watching another episode of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." tonight, and we're only at season one, starting all over from the beginning.  So it'll take us a while to get through the 125 episodes.  It's just cool looking back and seeing where it all started, and of course we were there at the very beginning, watching every episode as it was released on television.  Later, we'd go back and re-watch them when we got the entire season.  Now we have all seven seasons, and we're going through them again, and really enjoying them.  I love Phil Coulson's words about death, and suddenly I feel a real connection to this character, and an understanding about the writing behind him.  I can relate to the heart, the proximity to death, and the lease on a new life.  Even the uncertainty about where to go from here or how to feel.  The great thing is his simple understanding that he needs to keep moving forward.  Tonight's episode was another classic from the first season, which is still my favorite.  



This morning, I went to chapel service, and it was somewhat of a trick:  Pastor Lance wanted to put me up on stage and honor me in front of the Bible college.  He dedicated the sermon to me, which was nice.  We worked on this one together a few days ago, and it went well. 


Madison had a day with some tests.  She didn't do was well on some math assignments, so she's kind of teetering on an A there, so we'll see how today's test goes.  But her other grades are super solid.  She had her taekwondo class tonight, and she spent a great deal of time as guest instructor, individually training some of the younger students, and then leading the class in exercises with the bo staff.  The more time she spends in leadership positions, the more comfortable she'll become.


Speaking of which, I was writing her part for the upcoming skit on Sunday.  We'll be wrapping up our Star Wars series this weekend, and I sort of wrote a lot.  I'll reread it in the morning to see about trimming in places, and of course checking.  But it's pretty much done, and we're suddenly done with our third visit to the Star Wars universe at KidPak.  It's been fun.


We read tonight, as always.  And it wasn't too much later that we were all asleep.  I was really wiped out today - hard to stay awake at the end.  I need to take it easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment