Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Last Visit to Colony Park

Today was a day of running around, and that may have been a bit of a bad thing perhaps.  We'll start with the visit to the chiropractor.  Maddie and I went over to the chiropractor today.  She doesn't get to go as often due to school scheduling, so during spring break we were able to get both the dental appointment and this chiropractic visit out of the way.  One thing of note about the chiropractor:  their office is changing to a new location. 


This is the only location I've ever been to for them, and obviously the only one that Madison has ever known.  More than a decade here, so we sort of took that in.  Maddie took some pictures and even a video, although we've had a lot of those pictures over the years.  Doctor Williams is such a ham! 






The reason Mom and Nana weren't with us is that we have a new member of the family at the house:  a washing machine!  It was delivered at pretty much the same time that we were at the chiropractor, and somebody had to be home for it.  Mom had already done four loads of laundry by the time we got home later on.  Our old washing machine passed away last week, one we've had for around twenty years now.  The delivery service set up our new washing machine and took away the old one, and just like that we have a new appliance!  Next up:  a new oven.  Our current one is on its last legs, so it will be quite the blessing for Mom to get a new oven.


Meanwhile, Maddie and I were racing over to the church to get to the next KPTV filming.  We had a few people playing while Josh and I were holding cameras:  it was blind dodgeball!  Everyone had blindfolds on, and there were dodgeballs all over the floor, although not the really heavy ones you see in school gyms.  Okay, maybe there were a few of those, but not all of 'em.  Anyway, it was a super fun game for everyone, and pretty crazy too.  I believe there were at least six contestants, and Maddie had a blast playing.  She was also completely surprised she'd be back so soon as a contestant for a KPTV game online.  


So here comes the rough part of the day:  my blood pressure again.  Things became problematic today when I found myself unable to walk across the parking lot and go to my office without feeling like I just sprinted there.  Even worse, at home I was rolling in empty trash cans into the garage, and felt the same way.  No wheezing, just a feeling of extreme exertion and rapid beating of my heart.  Resting, my blood pressure was at 150.  I knew it was much higher than that earlier.  The next morning I woke up, it was still at 155.  I've been worried.


Tonight, we took it easy of course.  Mom and Nana have been doing a splendid job outside with the front lawn, laying out rocks to create a path, putting out mulch, raking leaves and so on.  It's looking wonderful.  The weather outside has been very nice for this sort of thing.


Our movie of the night was "Mighty Ducks 2," which is a lot of nostalgia and fun.  We'll go to part three tomorrow to conclude the trilogy.  We've seen these before, of course, but with the new series online, it's been great revisiting the Ducks.  


We said our prayers tonight, and you can guess that they were more fervent.  I've had a lot of people praying for me, a lot of people asking and lot checking in on me.  We'll visit the doctor tomorrow, and I'm guessing further doctor visits after that.


Kingdom Keepers returned tonight - we're almost done with that book.  Madison has been enjoying it, as have I.  I'm not sure if she'll want to hear all eleven books in that series, but this one has been fun.  We also read from Exodus again.  I went to bed earlier tonight - a good night's rest was certainly in order.


No comments:

Post a Comment