Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Momma Bird

 

Here's our bird mother on our front door.  Don't worry - I didn't get too close with the camera, as there's a pretty good zoom lens on it.  Anyway, she's keeping her eggs nice and warm, which is suddenly a bit more challenging as the weather has dipped to the 40's at night.  Daytime temps are just amazing though.


Dawn dropped by, another neighbor and KidPak friend.  She had all kinds of healthy snacks to share, and was super kind.  I've gotten several cards and gifts, and hundreds of notes on social media.  It's been encouraging. 


I think I overdid it today.  We figure that tomorrow I should take a nap midway through the day, and just rest more.  I wasn't doing too much at all, but the heart was racing and there was even a soreness in my chest.  These things add up, and bring fear and doubt.  Nana watched over me tonight while Mom took Madison to piano class.  It wasn't that long.  During their absence, I just sat there on the couch, trying to sleep and just calm the system down.  


Madison had small groups tonight, listening to the story of Anna from the Bible.  It's good to see that everything is continuing as normal for her.  Half the time she listens in her room, but then it's time to go to piano, so on the way there, she sat in the passenger seat of the car, listening there.  The only difference is that it was Mom who drove, and waited in the parking lot.  


We read tonight, as always, and we said our prayers.  As you might suspect, those prayers were a little intense, as I was feeling uneasy.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.


No comments:

Post a Comment