Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Animal Shelter Help


Madison was involved in her Live to Give club today, and the idea they came up with together was a drive to support the local animal shelter.  The above ad is something that was created to support their idea, and it'll start fairly soon.  Maddie has been involved with Live to Give for a long time now, and it's neat to see the different projects and ideas coming forth.  

I was at the eye doctor today, and it was a whirlwind of a day with driving to and fro.  I went to a KidPak meeting right after that, and then got a little work done, and then back to the eye doctor, back to pick up a prescription and back to pick up Madison at school from her club.

I got a new prescription for glasses, and this will be the first official prescription for me, as lately I've been using reading glasses all the time.  For a while, it seems as if I'm going to use reading glasses for close up, and then these prescription glasses for walking around in.  Hopefully I can get pair that look like the ones Tony Stark wears.  If only because I had a pretty good heart injury and its a subtle symbolism there.  

Maddie had a good day, but she does most of the time.  She's disappointed she does not have a dance this year in middle school, and to rub it in, Chestatee Elementary is having their dance.  It's a little different format, but nevertheless, it's happening.  This is super annoying.

Speaking of which, we watched "What About Bob?" tonight, and I forgot completely about this one.  Madison spent her time studying during the movie, and playing on her new phone too.  My mother got her a new phone during the whole heart incident, and it seems to be a decent phone.  We just have to get a cover for it quickly.  

We said our prayers tonight, and we read from "Kingdom Keepers II" some more.  It was an okay day today - I have ups and downs with recovery, and today was more of a "down" day.  I have to get rest, sitting still, or even sleeping.  I'll do that tonight, and sleep well.  We said our prayers, and I'm grateful to be alive.  We prayed for healing, and for a good night's rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment