Monday, April 26, 2021

Revenge of the Tomatoes


We got some tomatoes today, and some peppers too.  And so it begins!  Our garden will be nice when it grows larger and gives us a harvest.  Last year's tomato plants were huge.  Pretty cool.

Today we were at Lowe's to visit my dad there, and just saunter around the garden shop picking up a few things.  Since my visit to the eye doctor last week, I've had a prescription for some new glasses, and so I went over to a place that sells glasses.  For the last few years, I've been using a pair of reading glasses that cost about $2, and pretty much having those on all the time.  Today though, we splurged.  Our insurance is pretty good, and I was amazed at what I was able to order for myself.  I can't wait to get these new glasses.

Madison was at school today, pretty much preparing for Milestones testing at the end of the week.  It starts on Friday, and then goes on throughout the next week.  All the kids are looking forward to it.  That was in fact sarcastic.

Tonight was her big taekwondo night, which is to say it was two classes, back-to-back.  Leadership class and black belt class.  She loves it.  Nana and I were there watching Madison kick people in the head.  Actually, there wasn't as much sparring tonight, as there was a good emphasis on form.  She's doing well though, and really enjoying class.  

We got home and watched a few more episodes of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," this after some studying for social studies.  This first season is so well written when you think of the clues that are left all along, the things that none of us caught that led to a huge twist.

We read tonight, from the book of Exodus and from "Kingdom Keepers II."  Bats and black birds will never be looked on the same around Orlando.  We said our prayers, and all of us were in bed earlier tonight.  It was not a great day for me physically, and I went to bed fretting somewhat.  


No comments:

Post a Comment