Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Staggering Back to Work


Madison took this picture of some of the flowers I received from Mary Shannon and her mom just recently.  Maddie's been out taking pictures in the garden of the flowers there lately too - Mom and Nana have been working extensively out there, as the weather has been cool and not overbearing with heat.  Everything is looking just wonderful there, and it's such a blessing to walk out and see something like that.  They'll be working on the side and back a little more soon too, so that's exciting.


Meanwhile, I actually went to work today.  There's that scene in "Wrath of Khan" where Chekov staggers back on to the bridge to report for duty, and that was pretty much me.  Minus the heavy Russian accent.  It was an unexpected appearance for many, as they weren't thinking I'd be back for a bit longer.  I just need to get back to work, and feel productive somehow.  I am winded easily and didn't think I'd last too long there.  But nevertheless, I was there.  I started on a script and did a keynote for this weekend, and did some other minor things.  A lot of the time was spent talking about my adventures in the hospital though.  Lots of different people toured down to see me, and made a big deal about me, which is humbling.  I don't feel I deserve that much acclaim, but it just keeps coming regardless.


Tonight was Tuesday, and there isn't any taekwondo or piano tonight.  Madison still had some studying to do, I think.  We had dinner together, and Mom got me everything I need to make a big burrito.  I was craving that for some reason!  I even wore a pair of socks with little burritos printed all over them!  I hadn't actually had a burrito in over a year, I think...


After that, we continued our "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." marathon, which will be ongoing for quite some time, given that we have over a hundred episodes left.  Now that we have the whole series, we're watching it from start to finish again, and it's just a special series for us.  We were there for the entire run.  Coulson's heart issues are suddenly quite relevant, and his poignant observations about death and second chances are actually somewhat therapeutic for me in a way.  I found myself tearing up as he consoled a man about death, and an inner peace about that next place.  For me, I have that peace too, although I'm okay if I put off going there any time soon.  There was thought that hit me in the hospital, the reason I am still alive.  


Voice from Heaven:  "You're still alive because I still have many things for you to do."

Me:  "Well, let me know what those are, so I can do them all at the last possible moment!"


Anyway, we watched a few episodes of that tonight, and soon enough it was time for bed.  There, we read from "Kingdom Keepers II," and read from Exodus again.  And then we said our prayers, thanking God for life, for healing, and for all the great plans He has for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment