Monday, October 31, 2022

Mwahahahaha Halloween

It was a nice day today.  I actually carved a few pumpkins this morning, this right after a nice bowl of Count Chocula.  We were listening to the vinyl record for "Nightmare Before Christmas," amongst others - later on, even the "Thrilling, Chilling Sounds of the Haunted Mansion."  I picked up Maddie from school, and Mom had a pumpkin-shaped pizza ready for her there.  And after that, it was time to get ready!  Trick-or-treating was at hand, and so with a little help from Mom, she got into her new costume and got ready to go out on this special night dressed as Constance Hatchaway, the creepy frequent widow from the Haunted Mansion.  The night was perfect for trick-or-treating, and there was just the right amount of people out there roaming the streets.  We saw  firetruck early on, parked alongside Riverstone Drive - the firefighters were passing out candy and other items.  The houses were decorated amazingly, of course, including our usual haunts.  One house was decorated with a "Back to the Future" theme though, with mini-Deloreans in the front yard, with a line of lights running up to the top of the house where there was a clock tower perched.  The family members there were dressed up as Biff, Loraine, young Marty, a cowboy, and even George from the dance.  The grandfather was handing out flyers to "Save the Clock Tower!"  It was fun.  We did our usual trip up and down the streets, and of course the trick-or-treaters collected a lot of candy.  One house, like always, was giving out large-sized candy bars, and that was a thrill.  Meanwhile, Mom and Nana were resting on the front porch as is the custom, handing out candy to the kids who came up to our house.  When we returned, Maddie and I did that for a short window, but soon enough it was time to go inside. for the night and inspect all the loot, and maybe eat some of it too.


It was a nice Halloween.  I've got some pictures below to share, and Maddie does too, including some commentary about her day as well:












Maddie's pov:

First off, I had school still, so I tried to wear something that had a Halloween vibe to it. Some people actually wore costumes, most just did what I did and wore something normal and did a Halloween vibe outfit. My friend, Preslie, was a pirate, and my Early Childhood teacher was a witch. In my ap world class, we watched history videos that were Halloween themed like a Dracula video and a video about the Salem Witch Trials. Mrs.Garcia gave us candy, and so did my Spanish teacher. My ela teacher did kinda scary videos. It was an intro to our next unit of fear, so why not do a Halloween themed lesson. In Mrs.Grogan's class, we did a test lol. In my early childhood class, Mrs.Nizalek let us go through the nostalgia of going through Halloween centers. We had cookies, made pumpkin/ghost lima beans, and did ghost lollipops. In math, we did a quiz, so happy Halloween they said jk.




I got home and had a pumpkin pizza.

Then I got ready and got into my ghost bride costume (like 30 minutes for makeup lol), my dad carved two pumpkins, and the Welborns eventually came. So did my friend Christina. We took some pics together and then we were off.


Back To The Future house



Ghost Bride with skeleton groom and bride and priest









No comments:

Post a Comment