Friday, October 21, 2022

Weird Al's Unfortunate Ridiculously Self-Indulgent Ill-Advised Return


My friend Alan got me tickets tonight for my birthday, tickets to Weird Al's latest tour, "The Unfortunate Return of the Ridiculously Self-Indulgent Ill-Advised Vanity Tour."  It was so, so good.  It's a tour where Weird Al does nothing but songs that are not parodies, in other words, his completely original material.   We enjoyed the concert last time, but this one was so different, and so much fun too.  It's such a different direction, and it's refreshing and fun, and we're all there together, this weird assemblage of very unique fans.  Some are more hardcore, which is hard to believe.  But the majority of us are lifelong fans, who have been with this band for a long, long time.  I remember listening to his music in middle school, and that was a long, long time ago.  This is the fourth time I've seen him in concert, and each time is so much fun.  Yeah, I'll probably see him again when he comes back!



 And fans of his know that these songs are really, really good.  I got down to Atlanta, and we had a meal together with other old high school friends - we went to eat at this Cajun place, where I had a gator po' boy, a spicy sandwich with alligator.  It was actually pretty good!  The concert was at Woodruff Arts Center, where we saw "A Christmas Carol" a few years ago.  This may have been my first time staying in Atlanta since then - back in 2019.  And it was the first time spending time with my old high school buddies, the first in four years.  It was great to catch up again.


Maddie stayed home tonight as a result, but she and Mom were up when I got home.  They were getting ready for tomorrow's pumpkin carving party, watching some things on television, and even doing a bit of homework.  She had a good day today - it was a beautiful day.  I've got her in the skit this weekend again, something I finished writing up this morning.  We're completing the Quest on Sunday, and it should be a nice wrap-up to the series.  


No new Marvel or Lord of the Rings this week, but we do have a new episode of "Andor."  It was good, although another episode that is setting up for something hopefully big next time around.  It's a grittier series, and it makes you really long for "a new hope."  Because there doesn't seem to be much hope here in this series.


No reading tonight.  I got home super, super late.  But it was a good day today.  Tomorrow, believe it or not, is going to be even greater.  We said our prayers, and quickly fell asleep, ready to wake up and have another big day.


No comments:

Post a Comment