Friday, October 28, 2022

Edgefest 2022


We were back at Edgefest tonight, and as you can see above, it was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle theme at Edge ATA.  I carved that pumpkin above, and let's just go ahead and say it's Raphael.  Raphael was always my favorite turtle.  Anyway, I carved this earlier as my traditional pumpkin gift to the evening, and this year the weather was perfect.  We were up and on our way.  


Maddie wore her Lilo dress, and I wore a Stitch onesie that you'll see later, so the two of us were Lilo & Stitch.  We've got these two onesies in the house now, and Maddie is excited about that.  Oh, and check out the TMNT balloons in the back.  Four columns of balloons, each with a different turtle on top.


And of course there was a presentation tonight with Michelangelo, Leonardo, Donatello and Raphael.  Four of the instructors practiced a great routine, performing to a song from one of their movies by Vanilla Ice.  It was a great routine!


Outside, the movie was playing on a big inflatable screen, and nearby, they were giving out all kinds of free pizza of course.  Because the turtles love their pizza, right?


It was a fun night, and a good number of people showed up.  There were families like ours that showed up in coordinating costumes too, like this fast-food family below.


I love the hamburger costume.  This is in front of one of the many trunks that there were, where families decorated their cars and gave out candy to trick-or-treaters passing by.


And of course there was a TMNT themed trunk as well.  I've been somewhat of a staff photographer lately, taking pictures for the events that I'm there, so of course I shared a lot of these online, along with many, many others.  They all came out really well!


Here's Master Edge, and he's wearing a Donatello shirt we literally found for him three days ago at a thrift shop.  We washed it, and passed it along just in time!  


Maddie had a great time of course, hanging around with friends and walking around checking out everything there.


At one point, there was a TMNT themed trivia game, and we called it "The Secret of the Ooze"!  Contestants who guessed wrong had green slime dumped on their heads.  Fortunately, there were goggles and ponchos available.  But it was still pretty messy!


Ah, this is my favorite costume of the night.  It's a Rick Roll costume, and it took me a while to figure out who's face that was, and when it dawned on me, I just thought this was hysterical.


It was a fun night!  We had a great time wandering around, eating pizza, trick-or-treating, playing games, watching movies, and watching the demo team too.


We've been going to Edgefest for quite some time now, and of course it's where Maddie first broke a board and first got interested in martial arts.  That was back in 2015, and we've been going to this event, and of course taking classes ever since.  It's a fun night!


 EDGEFEST YALL


Maddie's pov:

So I was going to do facepaint since we thought that Chloe wasn't gonna be there since she was sick, but she came. My dad and I did Lilo and Stitch for this year. Last year we had done Wanda and Vision, so it's cool we matched again. I hung out with Lolly this year. Neither Chris nor Evan were there this year for some reason. I got a lot of candy lol. Ms.Walker had her coffee shop, The Blonding Swan, there. Us kiddos weren't allowed to get coffee unless if we were 16 or older (or exceptions like Lolly lol) cause some of the kids would be so crazy, but they were allowed to get hot chocolate. The demo team (Mrs.Hardin, Mr.Gunderson, Estavon, and Mr.Cornett) did a Teenage Mutatn Turtle theme demo for us. It was cool honestly. I broke a board with Mia; it was one of those real thick boards. I got pizza for Mr.Gunderson cause he really wanted one, like really wanted to but he couldn't leave his post of holding boards. He had seen me with it and so I got him one since he was like "THERES PIZZA???" There was a slime trivia game where the girls lost lol. The guys know more Teenage Mutant Turtle stuff than we do lol.

Also here's a funny segment from the game:

Master Edge: What's the Turtle's least favorite pizza topping?

Lennox: Humans

Me: *stares at him questionably*

Lolly: LENNOX


Lilo and Stitch lol

Me, Logan in the hambuger, and Lolly

No comments:

Post a Comment