Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Evil Queen Grimhilde


The Braves won the first game of the World Series tonight, and although the score may have seem somewhat lopsided in their favor, you never know with either of these teams' offenses which way things might go.  We lost a starting pitcher tonight due to a line drive that actually fractured his fibula.  Adrenaline is a powerful thing - he was still pitching for the next three outs.  He got those guys out, and then he had to go, doing an incredible job keeping the other team scoreless through three innings.  It's a tough loss, because he was our starting pitcher for game one, and certainly one beyond that.  Now it's going to be tough.  I remember our 1999 World Series team having significant team injuries too, not playing at full power.  At this point, even though we took game one, we're still the underdogs.  That's how big of a deal it is.


Moving on, well, that's what I did this morning at least: I moved on a treadmill for a bit.  There are some fall foliage videos, POV walks along nature trails in Montana, and I was happy to have something to watch as I marched along.  My blood pressure is slightly up, ever so slightly.  But it's still way below anything to be concerned about at all.  I'm on this medication that helps with that  I stopped taking one pill per doctor's orders, and that I believe is the one that was driving my blood pressure down even further.  But I'm doing well now, at least most of the time.  I have episodes here and there, but on the whole, I'm okay.  The problem with these medications are the side effects.


We have to watch something every night with Nana, whether we want to or not, and tonight that was okay.  Because Mom and I watched Scooby Doo with Nana.  Because it's a great movie, and by gum, that's the one I chose.  Maddie doesn't watch movies with us that much anymore.  She sits and looks at her books, watching videos on her lap top and texting on her phone.  Until it's time to go to bed, at which point she heads upstairs, gets ready and calls out, "Ready!"


I leave to go read - we're starting on this darker start to book seven of the Kingdom Keepers.  Tia Dalma is for some reason a completely wicked character in this series, quite a different character from what we see in the pirate movies.  She's spending quite a bit of time rescuing Chernabog and the Evil Queen, who let's be honest, needs a name.  Early material suggests her name was Grimhilde, and another recent book series gives her the name Ingrid.  I suppose this was made so because the author didn't want to keep having these sorts of conversations in the book:



HUNTSMAN:  "Evil Queen!  I have come back with Snow White's Heart as you said."


EVIL QUEEN:  "Very well, Huntsman.  Or whatever your name is."


HUNTSMAN:  "Evil Queen, I don't have a name either.  But I put the heart in this ornate box you handed me, Evil Queen.  But Evil Queen, there is one thing."


EVIL QUEEN:  (opening box to inspect heart) "Oh, what's that, Huntsman?" 


HUNTSMAN:  "Well, Evil Queen, the first thing is this:  do not pay attention to the left azygous vein on that heart,  which appears as if it would drain directly into a coronary sinus." 


EVIL QUEEN:  "I was about to say something about that very matter, Huntsman.  And also perhaps something about the peculiar narrow tubular appearance of the right auricle in this heart, Huntsman."


HUNTSMAN:  "Ah, yes. Evil Queen, I know that a human right auricle is typically triangular in shape."


EVIL QUEEN:  "Indeed, as this is not.  Which suggests to me that this is in fact not a human heart at all, Huntsman.  Perhaps it is another creature's heart?"


HUNTSMAN:  "One might be tempted to think that, Evil Queen."


EVIL QUEEN:  "Oh, Huntsman?  I couldn't help but notice, Huntsman, that there used to be three little pigs in the forest glade, and now there are but two."


HUNTSMAN:  "Perhaps he just didn't have the heart to live there anymore, Evil Queen."


EVIL QUEEN:  "Well played, Huntsman."


Anyway, I happen to think the Evil Queen would have a much higher impact on the Disney Villain scale if she actually had a name that everyone called her.  I'm not saying it needs to be Grimhilde or Ingrid, but at least something.  Because there are other queens that some consider evil, right?  This will help with awkward confusion in the future.  So let's all write Disney and tell them the Evil Queen needs a proper name.  


And let's give the Huntsman one too while we're at it.



No comments:

Post a Comment