Saturday, October 23, 2021

2021 National League Champions


Tonight the Atlanta Braves got further than they have in quite some time - they won the National League Pennant, and for the first time since 1999, they're going to the World Series.  I had no idea that it's been that long.  We just had so many World Series appearances for a stretch there that we got used to them, even though we only won our first one in 1995.  I had my doubts about this season, even when we were up three games to two.  Atlanta teams just have well-earned reputation for snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory.  So tonight's victory was quite a wonderful blessing for all of us in Atlanta who have been enduring this sort of thing for so long.  The thing is, we have a legitimate chance of winning the World Series and the College Football playoffs this year as well with the Bulldogs.  We'll see what happens next, but there is actually a feeling of hope in the air.  One week from now, we'll see how things pan out, but at the moment, everyone here in the state is firstly tired because of the late night watching the game, and then secondly relieved and filled with joy at the outcome.  We're finally there.  It's funny how a small roster of players on a baseball team can represent so much, but here we go again - off to the World Series!


Today Maddie had a "friend" over to watch a "WandaVision" marathon together on the couch.  I was imprisoned sitting out on the deck doing a bit of work, and reading some from a few new books.  Earlier, we were over at taekwondo together, practicing for Team Edge, although I was running off while Maddie was rehearsing her routines.  I had some cleaning up and preparing to do at the church - there's so much going on, and there's always this feeling that I'm forgetting something!


Tonight I watched a few seasonal movies, "Muppets Haunted Mansion" and "Nightmare Before Christmas."  That last one is pretty much the most mandatory movie there is when it comes to October.  I pretty much have it memorized - it has a special place for me, one of those movies I never get tired of, or tired of singing along with.  I have the vinyl and the music on my computer too, and it's ready to go if I want to hear it in the car too.  It's one of those movies.


Muppets Haunted Mansion is a pretty good special too.  This is the second time I've seen it, as it just was released on October 8th.  I actually really like this one too, as I'm a huge fan of the Muppets and the Haunted Mansion.  It goes without saying that the combination of the two would be awesome.  You could tell those involved with this project were huge fans of both the ride and the Muppets, as there were plenty of surprises along the way.  We enjoyed this one quite a bit this year, and with that, we have yet another yearly tradition to watch when September comes up.


It's time for bed though.  It's been a late night, but we can go to bed with a sense of contentment, because for now, we've made it past another big baseball hurdle.  To think, they did this all with some really key members of their team injured or out sick.  In fact, one could argue that they made it this far because of those injuries and sicknesses.  It's been crazy.  Anyway, there's just one more hurdle to go, just four more games to win.  Go Braves!


No comments:

Post a Comment