Thursday, October 28, 2021

Jurassic Pumpkin II



Tonight I wanted to get this pumpkin done for Edgefest tomorrow night, for our friends the Edges as they prepare for their dinosaur-themed event at the martial arts studio.  I did this design idea last year, so this didn't take as long as I thought it would.  We were watching "Freaky Friday" as I was chiseling away at this pumpkin, and then afterwards, I got to do something I didn't do yet this season:  listen to my Nightmare Before Christmas vinyl record!  I got this one year for my birthday, and I just love the soundtrack so much.  I hear it elsewhere, but I love the idea of playing it on vinyl.  In the end, the pumpkin turned out just fine.


Our big news of the day was the sudden decision to go with a new Christmas production... in six weeks.  There's going to be a flurry of activity now, with choreography, dancers, live animals, musical numbers and so on.


Other than that, the day was spent preparing for Sunday's service.  Obviously, there's the movie we've been filming and editing.  Also we're working on the details of games, one of them being an apple bobbing contest, which just seems like it's tradition, right?  It'll be a great time.


We read tonight before bed, and we prayed, and then I got back down there to the kitchen to finish up my pumpkin!


No comments:

Post a Comment