Saturday, November 29, 2014

That's a wrap!

Madison helped out today, wrapping some presents with Daddy.  These are for friends and family, and the significance of this is that she's never tried to wrap a present before, not the 'official' way.  Today, Daddy showed her how to measure the right amount of paper, and then how to fold the ends just right so that the present looked nice when wrapped.  Or, at least he did his best.  I am by no means an expert.  But Madison got the basic idea, and was helping in every way as we wrapped a few presents, and even put these presents under the tree.  More are coming soon, but we thought we'd try wrapping a little early.

We put the nutcrackers up too - Madison was telling Daddy where to place each one on the top shelf.  We arranged them, lining them up once again for another year to stand perched atop our great room, surveying the Christmas season below them.

This vacation has been nice, hasn't it?  We didn't have practice today, and in fact Daddy only made one trip out of the house.  It shouldn't have happened:  he made the trip for nothing.  This is due to the remarkably bad customer service at Staples.  This is a store in Cumming, and other locations too.  I'm assuming they actually sell staples there, but online they advertised an iPad mini for sale.  Online, their website told us that there was one left at that location in Cumming.  But Ronald Reagan said, "Trust but verify."  So we called up a guy there, and sure enough, he said he had it in his hands for us.  He asked when I'd be there, and I told him I would be there by 4:00.  I just wanted to make sure, I said, before I drove all the way over there.  That's called foreshadowing.  Because when I got there, sure enough, it wasn't there.  It was a DEMO model.  He made a mistake.  So did I for going there.  But the manager just made it worse by giving me of all people an attitude.  Seriously, I didn't raise my voice or do anything to suggest that I was mad about driving all the way over there and wasting all that time for nothing because of your bad customer service.  So the moral of the story is I'm through with Staples.  But not staples, because you need those in a stapler.

So what else happened today?  The GameCube happened.  Just recently, I got a SeaWorld game from Goodwill - it was for the GameCube.  It was such an obscure title that I had to pick it up.  The game itself left a bit to be desired, but I acknowledge that it is more of a novelty thing.  I'll plug it in again later and give it another chance.  But Madison was with me, and the two of us were up there in the playroom, discovering all these GameCube titles that Daddy had tucked away.  Like Mario Sunshine.  And Mario Golf.  And so we stayed up there, playing the GameCube for a long, long, long time.  We were so retro!  Madison hasn't had much experience with Peach and Mario, but I have a feeling that she'll be getting to know all of the gang a lot more in the coming days:  she's having a ball with this gaming system.  And so is Daddy of course!

The rest of the day involved packing away Thanksgiving stuff, cleaning that room up, and eating the last of the leftovers.  Today was the official last day of that - and these leftovers were still mighty tasty.

And so the day was over with.  We watched a few Christmas specials - "Kung Fu Panda" and "Ice Age" each had a Christmas themed special, so we popped those two in tonight.  And soon enough, it was time for bed.  It's been a nice break, actually.  These past few days have been fun hanging out together!  In other words, "That's a wrap!"

No comments:

Post a Comment