Friday, October 6, 2023

Mad Hatter Day 2023


It's Mad Hatter Day again, and this is a day we don't fail to celebrate in some way.  I had my Mad Hatter t-shirt on, the KidPak one from so long ago, and there was even someone who commented on that when I was out grocery shopping.  I got some ice cream for everyone, even some lactose free chocolate ice cream for myself!


Tonight, Mom had this all set up for us at the table, and we got some gluten free cakes and tea as well, because it was after all a mad tea party!  Afterwards, we had the movie "Alice in Wonderland" playing, the Tim Burton movie this time around.  We enjoyed that together, and after that we finished up reading "Wee Free Men" later on.  We said our prayers and it was bedtime shortly after that.


It was a busy day.  We're writing a lot, working on the Grinch script each day.  Today was no different - we spent a few hours working on that today.  We also got the last of the graphics done for the new series "Extraordinary Tales from the Bible." 



It'll be a great new series!  I'm actually pretty excited about this one - we were brainstorming ideas for a skit, and came up with the thought of doing a show where hosts talk to students about some stuff that you might expect to hear about from "Ripley's Believe it or Not!"  But they have a Biblical viewpoint.  I'm getting to it, but the writing with Christmas sort of wipes me out!


Tonight we did have taekwondo, of course.  I managed getting all the grocery shopping in.  The traffic was horrendous.  But we made it home, and it was a really nice night.  The weather was so much cooler today, and that was quite welcome.  


I'm continuing my journey with the iFit program, walking more through Egypt on a tour of various places there amongst the pyramids.  I've walked a lot lately, but also learned quite a bit about the "Bent Pyramid" and the Great Pyramid of Giza, the Red Pyramid, and just a lot of other things about Egyptian culture and famous leaders of that time.  And also, the mysterious Imhotep!  I was listening to who this guy was, and thinking to myself about that name and how familiar it is, and realized that this was the name of the villainous monster from "The Mummy!"  Speaking of villains, no word about En Sabah Nur yet.


Anyway, we had a good day today.  Maddie has been working on a earring hanger, and appropriately enough on Mad Hatter Day, it looks like a mushroom.



It's looking pretty good!  She's really enjoying the ceramics class lately.  The other classes too, except perhaps Pre-Calculus....


We went to bed early, as we have a big day tomorrow.  I finished up the third book in the "Monster Blood" series, and that's the last in this hard back book, so I have no idea what happens next.  The book ends in a pretty good cliffhanger.  These have been fun to read though, just some old school creepy books for middle schoolers.  I got four of these hard cover books - the other one has short stories in it by RL Stine.  I'll save that one for next year!


It was a good day, but we have to get some sleep.  The weather is cool and now damp.  Fall is here now!


No comments:

Post a Comment