Saturday, October 7, 2023

Full Day of Practice


Long day of practice today, from 9-4, which meant I was there from 8:30 to around 4:45 or so.  Wiped out by the time I got home, but we got a lot accomplished in that time, acting out roughly 70% or so of the production, and doing a bit of choreography too, something I haven't really done before but it's been fun.  The picture you see above is not the entire cast at all, but rather one "shift" coming in at one point to do a bit of acting and blocking.  We're still writing it, but it's all coming along nicely!


Wild, but this morning we were on our way in to church, and we saw two coyotes crossing our road.  I was surprised at how big they were, although I have' really seen them too often around here.  But yeah, they were basically the size of two German shepherds crossing the road.  I'm glad that Maddie got to see that.  She was with me this morning - and much of the day - because she was going to Team Edge practice this morning too.  So I was doing a bit of taxi service today, going back and forth, and even stopping at Chick-Fil-A for lunch.  Today much of the cast were doing a lunch break out there in the amphitheater outside overlooking the fountain area.  It was a really nice afternoon, the weather feeling cool and it finally feeling like fall!


We got home and watched the first Goosebumps movie, because I'm all about that lately.  I finished my last book of that series, and I was ready to watch these fun movies again.  We enjoyed that, and we also squeezed in an episode of Monk, because our daughter is addicted.  I think this was the last episode with Sharona in it, so it's a big moment upcoming.  This has been a fun series.  Maddie has really enjoyed it!


My walking has been super consistent lately - today I was walking in Egypt again, part of that theme of the month.  It's been an interesting walk each day, learning about about different locations and pharaohs.  Fascinating stuff, and it keeps you walking too!


We got to bed earlier tonight, because we get up early tomorrow.  But we are reading "A Hat Full of Sky" now, as we finished up the "Wee Free Men."  Maddie was ready for some more Tiffany Aching and the Nac Mac Feegle, so here we go with book #2.  It's fun seasonal reading!  Anyway, we said our prayers after this, and got to sleep. 


No comments:

Post a Comment