Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Walk Like an Egyptian

Mom makes the greatest chili.  I just wanted to start this entry out with that sort of statement.  Yep.  Anyway, it was chilly outside, and yes, we had chili tonight for dinner.  It's the perfect weather for this sort of meal.  Today was a good day, a day to finish up a few things, one of them pretty big - I got the script done for "How the Grinch Found Christmas."  It turned out really good - we've added a good bit of humor and even a little twist at the end that isn't ginormous, but just enough to add to Cindy Lou's character a bit.  The Grinch's character should be fun - he's not quite Boris Karloff, but that doesn't stop me from trying to imitate him as I remember lines from that original cartoon from 1966.


The whole script is twenty-five pages long, so it's pretty hefty.  But it moves along and I think it'll be enjoyable for everyone.  So here we start a better part, where things are there on paper and we just have to fill in those blanks with costumes, music, and plenty of practice.  Today was one of those practices, tonight on the big stage in the main sanctuary.  Things went well, a three-hour practice where everyone got to run through things until the end.  They all seem pretty happy with the script thus far.  Only a few months to go! 


It was a colder day today, but it didn't matter so much - we've been enduring the heat for so long that it was more than welcome.  Additionally, the chemicals and fumes inside were ghastly from the cleaning service.  My lungs were pretty raw.  


Tonight we saw another episode of "Monk," and Maddie was in Stardew Valley for a bit.  It was a pleasant day today.  Maddie was helping me look through these game cards for a Ripley's Believe it or Not game, one we'll be doing on Sunday.  I wrote up a good script for Maddie and the others as KidPak continues "Extraordinary Tales from the Bible."



So I'm wrapping up the Egyptian walk on iFit, and it's been super interesting.  I've learned a whole lot, and it's almost kind of bittersweet here at the end.  The guide has been interesting, sharing a quite a bit of his knowledge as we walk along.  With a visit to King Tut coming up in November, the Egyptian theme will continue for a bit, as will a few other things I have on the upcoming playlist. 



Like this one!  I've never seen these old school horror movies, but tonight I watched 1932's "The Mummy" with - oddly enough - Boris Karloff.  It was a time capsule of a movie, looking back 90 years.  It was fun though.  I'm going to have to check out all these other older classics.  Anyway, the Egypt theme has been prevalent lately, and I'm not entirely sure why.  But recently when we were planning a few of our series for KidPak next year, of course that came up - and yes, we're currently planning on returning to the series "Exodus" in March.  Should be fun!


Anyway, we had a decent day.  Tonight we closed it out reading "A Hat Full of Sky" again, saying our prayers, and me trying to talk like Boris Karloff.  


No comments:

Post a Comment