Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Thrawn and Mummies


Tonight we all sat down to watch the last episode of season 1 of Ahsoka, and it was great to see Admiral Thrawn in live action again, setting up for something great here in the Star Wars universe.  Of course, we now him from the books and previous episodes of "Rebels," and he's rapidly becoming one of the greatest villains in a galaxy far, far away.  

We had Grinch practice tonight, and that went well with a bit of choreography thrown in for good measure.  I find myself doing something new with that, a bit of line dancing, sort of.  I'm a villager, something I had to do in order to add an extra presence in the back row.  It'll be fun.  We're writing the series as we go, and we're getting towards the big where Cindy Lou meets the Grinch at the end, which should be pretty good.  We'll post things here as we go along, but practice is going well.

Maddie wasn't there tonight.  She was at home tonight while we were busy at practice.  Mom and I were taking measurements of everyone too, as Mom will be working on costuming for this project.  It's going to be a busy season.  

We all had tacos tonight, because it's Taco Tuesday, right?  It's been a good day - I started the iFit series in Egypt this morning, exploring the pyramids and learning a good bit along the way.  We're going to see the King Tut exhibit in a few weeks, so suddenly there's this Mummy thing going on here.  I told Mom that I'd never seen 1932's "The Mummy" before, so I think I'm throwing that in the holiday playlist this year.  I was terrified of such a movie when I was a kid.  But by gum, I want to see that this year, and maybe even the rest of those classic monster movies like "Dracula," "The Wolfman," and "Frankenstein."  For certain, I've got to watch "Abbot and Costello Meet the Mummy" again.  We saw that a long time ago with our Abbot and Costello marathon that Mom and I had in 2006.  That was during Mom's chemotherapy - we did every single Abbot & Costello movie pretty much in order.  There were a few that we had to find from alternate sources, but we managed the entire cinematic history of those two, and it was great.  Our thinking was "Laughter does like good medicine," so we literally sat there with the chemo going on while sharing a device to sit and watch all these classics together.  So yeah, the next time we watch this movie again will be the first time since that chemo.  Anyway, we might watch a few of those other themed movies leading up to our visit with King Tut.  We'll see.

So tonight we got to bed after reading, and of course prayers.  It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment