Thursday, July 29, 2021

Taekwondo Gold

I didn't go to the Gwinnett Summer Xtreme Nights event, opting to take a night off and get some rest.  I'm surprisingly worn out, but that's largely because of this drug I'm taking called metoprolol.  One interesting fact about this medication is that I may never be able to actually pronounce it.  Also, another  fact:  it makes me super tired.  Fatigue sets in, and by early evening, I'm wishing I could take a nap somewhere.  Eventually, the idea is to ween me off of some of this stuff.  Presently though, it's still nine pills a day.  I've lost about sixteen pounds since April, this another side effect of all the cardio therapy I've been doing lately.  I've only got one class left next week, and I actually might be getting sentimental about that.


Maddie had taekwondo tonight, and I was happy to come along for that one, although I was working towards Cumming's Summer Xtreme tomorrow night, doing a bit of writing while I was watching Maddie do some flying kicks and board breaking.  She's going to be testing soon, her first test with the black belt.  It's a series of tests that lead up to her second degree black belt, and that's a while from now.  But she's still steadily marching forward towards that one too.  Again, it's not about the destination anymore, and more about the journey itself, the training and the enjoyment of coming to taekwondo each day.



We watched a few of the Olympic taekwondo events, including the gold medal match where a girl from Florida took home the gold for USA.  It's been interesting to watch them compete.  Of course, all this week we've been watching every other event too, including the swimming and Maddie's was interesting in watching the synchronized diving competitions.  Nana and I sat down to watch some rugby, and we were all watching many of the other events, from the skateboarding, the cycling, and we even watched a water polo match.  It's just been our go-to television the last few days, although we did watch that "Monsters at Work" show that premiered as well.  


I'm writing the last skit for our Oz series, and it's a bit sentimental for me as well.  This has been a good one, a sweet series with good solid messages.  The costumes and characters have been wonderful, and this Sunday is another moment to say goodbye, as it is our friend Calvin's last day with us before going off to college up in Washington DC.  


Tonight we read from our Kingdom Keepers adventure, and we prayed as well.  It's been a good day, but we'll get some real rest maybe next Thursday or so...! 


No comments:

Post a Comment