Saturday, July 31, 2021

Heart Path


I just wanted to show you this image!  That long, dark vertical line at the right that goes from top to bottom is a new pathway through my heart. This is something your heart does not have!  It was not created by doctors - they had nothing to do with it.  

God literally just created a new bypass within me from top to bottom.  The nurse said, “It’s as if God dug a new ditch all the way across your heart.”  This morning at cardio, the conversation was all about how I shouldn’t be here, alive, and how this new pathway played a factor in saving my life.  

In the hospital a few months ago, I was praying “God create in me a pure heart, one that is faithful to you.”  And it was just the sort of prayer you think up just before a heart procedure.  But Mom told me this morning - and it’s true - God literally was creating within me a new heart! 

This was something I wrote everyone after a recent visit with cardio therapy.  I've only got one visit left.  But this last visit, I spoke with a nurse that was super helpful, even giving me this image you see above.  She was also super helpful in giving me some info about the medication I've been taking, including the one that gets me really tired about 5-6pm each night.  


Today we were out shopping for some school supplies for Maddie, amongst other things.  We were amongst the masses scrounging for notebooks, pens, erasers, and so on.  This is the week that everyone races out to get all these last-minute supplies.  Maddie never got so much of a supply list, but we're getting things we think we'll need, and then we'll add on from there.  Usually, we're out shopping for this sort of stuff a lot earlier, but this year has certainly been a different one.


Anyway, we made a few stops, getting some paint and a trip to the bank.  But the big visit was getting some of the basics for Maddie so she can get set up for school.  We got a book bag that we think should be big enough to handle the increased workload, and so at the moment, we're about as prepared as we can be. We still have that one open house Wednesday morning, but that's about it.  I can't believe we're about to start all this soon!


This morning, Mom made blueberry pancakes again, using our blueberries from the garden.  They were so good!  We've got some tomatoes pulled from the garden, and some cucumbers too.  Mom mixes the cucumbers and mint from our herb garden in water, and I have a nice flavored water each day.


We've been having to deal with a lot of those spiders from last year - you know the ones I'm talking about?  They'r not orb spiders, but instead those invasive Japanese spiders that are roughly as big.  They make these amazing and strong webs, but the thing is... they're everywhere.  All over the back porch.  They're small right now, but they'll get super big as they grow, and those webs will too, and we just can't have that many all over.  We're not trying to get a "haunted house" vibe here!   Another pesky insect were the ants that found a way into the house.  Mom was busy with the wood calk and sealing up some entrances.  These ants are amazing how they find a random crumb all the way across the kitchen or dining area, and suddenly, the ants swarm in like crazy.  Not anymore though, as Mom was busy battling nature today.


We watched the "Mysterious Benedict Society" tonight, along with "The Bad Batch."  Plus some Olympics too, of course.  It was a day that was more quiet, but we'll get busy again soon enough.  We said our prayers, and we read too.  We'll have a big day tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment