Friday, July 2, 2021

Following the Yellow Brick Road


We're almost there!  Today we got a few more costuming accessories, including the Tin Man's hat and axe.  We also got the Wicked Witch of the West character from LEGO Dimensions, so tonight Madison and I were exploring the LEGO Wizard of Oz World for a good bit.  We didn't spend as much time in Oz though, because by accident we discovered Kansas, and really enjoyed looking around.  We ran out of time, but that was fun, and Maddie wants to go back tomorrow.  Which we will, of course!  Who knew we'd be spending so much time in Oz lately?  A year ago when I wrote this series for KidPak, I never thought we'd actually be doing it, and here we are, actually building stage props, and oh - the books are done too!  Yes, all the campuses from Orange County to Spartanburg and here in Georgia have the booklets, the banners, and the graphics made by Camille and myself.  I have a Scarecrow Trivia game for Sunday set up, and we have skits with characters, and there's a video or two that we've made in advance, plus some sermon intros and a countdown that I just love.  During the quarantine, I wrote this last May, June, and July.  It was at a time that we weren't doing anything but video material at KidPak, and I just wanted to keep my brain and creativity busy by creating "imaginary" new series.  I did six in all, with Oz being the biggest of all, as I even did a devotional.  So aside from some intense editing, it was all ready to go for July.  One year later.  It all starts in a few days.


This morning we all slept in a good bit.  I mean, a really good bit.  I didn't set my alarm, as I had no cardio training, and as mentioned earlier, I was super exhausted.  I've been tired in every possible way, drained, and completely sleepwalking each day lately.  This morning, I slept until 10:00 am.  Incredible.


I went to work late, and everyone is okay with that lately as I've been doing the cardio therapy and recovery.  But we worked on that new series today, writing letters to parents, working on graphics, assembling props and costuming, finishing up scripture references, and so on.  We turned in to Wimbledon for a bit, catching a few games there as things progress, and also saw the latest episodes of "Bad Batch" and "The Mysterious Benedict Society," which has been a fun show.  Our television device has been super useful with Nana as of late, as we can have something on all the time, from Wimbledon to other British television shows she likes to watch.  We can catch some Olympic sports too, including an Olympic channel we might watch some tomorrow.


The blueberries are starting to ripen!  We were out there picking blueberries, although not that many at all.  That didn't matter, because I'm excited about the fact that we actually have blueberry bushes.  There is a huge amount on certain branches, and that's going to be a mighty harvest.  But today, we picked off probably about twenty or so, just the forerunners.  Mom put them in a bowl, mixing them with other fruit, and they weren't bad at all.  Maybe some were a little bitter, but again, these are our fruits.  We also had some slices of that tomato that we picked from the back yard - it was incredibly juicy.


Maddie's not accomplishing too much right now, but that's summer for you.  She has been doing practice runs on her learner's license test, and some questions are common sense, she says.  Others she's not sure about and is a pretty good guesser.  She hasn't failed the practice test, even on the first try, so she'll be fine when we go in to take the actual exam.  


We read tonight, and then said our prayers.  It was an early night, as I'm still pretty zonked.  I'll start walking again on Monday, but I'm just taking a small break to hopefully recuperate.  I soaked in the big tub, and took it easy today.  It's only been three months since the heart incident, so I figure this is all part of the healing process.  We said our prayers together, got ready for a nice weekend, and got some rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment