Monday, February 12, 2024

"We're Blanket People"

Another quiet day here at home, outside of the arrival of a prom dress for Maddie.  She was so happy to get this that she gave Mom a huge hug, and immediately went to try it on.  Yes, there needs to be some adjustments made, but it's early and Maddie seems very happy with the dress.  Prom's a few months away, but it's good to have this out of the way!


It was rainy and windy outside, but it was nice and warm inside, and as a bonus, we have conversation hearts.  We're on bag #3, although we started munching on these over a month ago.  This candy is one of our weaknesses, and I'll be glad when Valentine's Day is over with just so I can not be tempted to reach down and grab one each time I pass the bowl.  Maddie loves them too.  I love the fact that you can't really read as many of the messages on them anymore - only a few.  But we don't care because we don't spend too much time reading them.  We just plop them in our mouths!  Mom gave me one that said, "SOUL MATE" on it, and that was sweet.  And then I ate it!


Tonight we watched "Frozen" again, for "research" before our cruise.  I forgot how good this movie was - the three of us enjoyed it, and yes we're singing all those songs again!  I'm not sure when we'll get to "Frozen 2," but we wanted to enjoy this one before visiting Arendelle on the Disney Wish.  


We read more from "The Shepherd's Crown" tonight, and there are witches and elves doing battle, with things not going so well for the elves.  The humans helping out with bits of iron and metal are certainly helping out quite a bit, and I imagine things aren't going the way the new leader of the elves had envisioned.  The Discworld is saved again, thanks to the latest hero, Tiffany Aching.  I wonder what she'd think of Rincewind if they ever met.  Or Cohen the Barbarian.  Or Vetenari, the Patrician.  I was hoping that would take place when Tiffany showed up in Ankh-Morpork.  So many stories left untold, but I suppose that's what our imagination is for.  


Maddie, Mom and I have been packing for the trip.  We've got our door decorations ready, and we're ready with the check-in stuff, plus other little things.  I've ordered some flowers for Mom to arrive in our cabin, plus a Disney Cruise blanket and pillow - it's a Valentine's Day gift a few days later.  She'll like that.  Maddie and I were looking through the gifts and thought the bath robes and beach towels might not be as good as the blanket because she says, "We're blanket people."  She's right.  We're blanket people.  Mom will like seeing that when she arrives on the boat.


It's windy and rainy today, and that's expected because it's February.  The weather has been so up-and-down with the temperature and rain lately.  Hard to pin down.  One moment you think spring is really on the way, as the groundhog told us.  And yet the next we're all shivering, cold, and wet.  And no snow.  I'm so thankful we got to see snow in the Smoky Mountains on that magical trip home.


Okay, so it's cold outside.  We got everyone tucked in, and yes it was time for sleep.  Not long until we sail off to a warmer climate!


No comments:

Post a Comment