Monday, November 28, 2022

Classroom Elves and Wise Men

 



So one quiet little prayer of mine this year was to be a Wise Man in the upcoming production.  We've had the roles filled for over a year, of course, and the idea was that the same exact Wise Men would return to their roles from last year.  I was still in the cast, but most likely returning as a shepherd.  But something happened recently, and it's a little thing, but it's still a neat one:  one of our Wise Men couldn't be in the production due to his work schedule, and it just so happened that he was the Wise Man that wore an outfit that pretty much fit me.  So it came to pass that I threw it out there:  I could in fact be the Wise Man, right?  And yes, it was good.  I've been growing more of a beard than I've ever grown in the past, and I think it will be even more so by the production so that I'll have the aged Wise Man look down pretty good.  And Mom had me try on the costume today, so it looks pretty good!  I get to be a Wise Man!


Maddie had a fun day at school.  You can see above that she's shared some pictures of an elf or two in her classroom, peeking from the ceiling.  I forgot their names already, but she knows them - they're watching over all the students in the upcoming month, of course.  Hopefully everyone will behave, otherwise these cute little mischievous elves will follow the kids home and do despicable things to them in their sleep.  Or not.  That might be Krampus I'm thinking of.

Speaking of Krampus, I'm sure he's getting read for his yearly trek through the Alpine regions looking for naughty children.  No naughty ones in Sweden yet, where the Gavle Goat is still standing strong, looking quite nice on this new camera.  I can't wait for the first snowfall, as this imagery is so clear and actually pretty scenic.  Makes me want to go to Sweden.  At least for the candy fish.  And meatballs.

It was a quiet day today, just one of the last few of November where it is officially Christmas season, at least to those who subscribe to the theory that Christmas season starts right as soon as Santa appears at the end of the Thanksgiving Day Parade.  To us, Christmas season starts pretty much November 1st.  If it weren't for Halloween there, we might even start sooner!

We read tonight, a book that maybe combines a bit of the two holidays with DEATH stepping up to fill in for the Hogfather in order to save the holidays on Discworld.  It's been fun to read about these characters again.  Afterwards, we said our prayers and got to sleep.  Soon Maddie will want to get up earlier, as we've got all kinds of December fun planned.  It'll be here soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment