Monday, November 21, 2022

Surprise Birthday Party

Maddie had a birthday party to attend, and you'll read about that below.  It was a lot of fun with go-karts, laser tag, and all kinds of gaming action.  We dropped her off at a place called Andretti's, but we actually decided to stay because it was there that we saw an area set up for a game called duckpin bowling.  I've never heard of this before, but Mom knew exactly what it was - it's a variation of a bowling game where the pins are smaller, and the ball is about half the size.  You get three chances to knock all ten pins down, and strikes are pretty rare.  Spares are tough too!  I know this, because we spontaneously got some bowling shoes on and tried it out.  Mom wound up winning 83 to my 80.  Nana was playing too - we had the bumpers up for her, and she came in with a respectable 65 or so.  It was never that close - Mom was way ahead of us, and the only reason I got closer was because of a spare I threw at the end.  It's frustrating in ways because it's not bowling, and if you just accept the fact that things are not going to all fall down if you send the ball down the middle, you'll be alright.  Anyway, that was fun and then after that the three of us went over to the Texas Roadhouse in Buford, enjoying a pretty good meal with a gift card that I just recently was given (it was given to me for helping out at school with the rock collection).  


We got home pretty late.  We read tonight, and after that we were saying our prayers and going to bed.  It was a fun night though, as you'll hear now from Maddie as she writes about her evening at Andretti's.


Maddie’s pov:

So today was Ginger’s surprise birthday party. It was at Andretti’s. When I got there, I didn’t really know anyone, but I saw this one girl that I recognized from school named Alondra, and she recognized me, so we started talking to each other. Stephanie came and so did Alexandra. We were talking, and some of Ginger’s crew friends came. There was a slideshow of pictures of Ginger. It was really nice. When it came time to surprise her and turn off the lights, it was like 10 minutes til she came in, so we were in the dark for a little. Her dad walked by the door, looked at us, then turned around cause he didn’t have ginger, but it was funny. Their excuse of going down that hallway was to find the restroom and apparently she managed to find it lol. When she came in, we all said surprise and she’s just like “oh hi you guys” and we kinda laughed with her. We had food, sang her happy birthday, had cake, talked to her, and took pics with her.


After all that, we went to the go karts. It was really fun. I got rear ended by Ginger (by accident) because her go kart got a boost right before she hit the breaks so the momentum was still there. I got to do it four times, which was fun.


After go karts, we had went to laser tag. I was on the blue team with Ginger’s mom, Stephanie, and Alondra. My team had the high ground like Obi Wan did in Revenge of The Sith lol. The red team was kinda stuck down on the first floor. My team won laser tag by about 70 points. It was kind of a work out in a way with running around. I had like 4060 points.


We did a 3d glasses shooting which was fun. I didn’t do too great but whatever. Then we went and did arcade games. It was really fun. After a while, Stephanie and Ginger and I talked a lot. It was really nice being able to talk to them.


After the party, Ginger’s dad brought Stephanie, Ginger, and me home, so we talked a lot then which was fun. A lot about Disney princesses, songs, and middle names. I didn’t get home until like 11 pm tho lol. It was really fun tho going to the party and seeing her again.


Ginger after we said surprise and her still slightly in shock

She came to talk to us a few times :)))

Random pic of Stephanie 

Stephanie and me getting ready for go karts

Ginger and me (Alondra trying to hide behind us) after laser tag

Ginger, dude, Alondra, and Ginger’s mom playing air hockey

Photo shoot with Ginger, Stephanie, and me

Models lol

Slay


No comments:

Post a Comment