Monday, February 7, 2022

Encanto Valentine's Day Cards



We have Valentine's Day coming up, so I made these "Encanto" Valentine's Day Cards as handouts for some future project, probably at the church.  They turned out well!  I was happy to make some of these cards - I used to do these just about every year with different themes.  Of course, I used to hand them out in school too.  I have many Valentine's Day cards - the small ones for schools.  These are the leftover ones still kept from years past.  I should go dive into those and see about handing them out this year!  In the meantime, here are some new ones we'll be handing out this year.  There's another side to them, which I'll print as well.  But these should be fun.  The movie is super popular now, as is, of course that one song from the movie that I won't say out loud right now, otherwise you'll have it stuck in your head too!


We've had this fire going each night, and although we're using up quite a bit of wood this winter, it's been a constant source of heat and pleasantness in living room.  We've needed the heat lately, as it's been chilly outside.  And we need the pleasantness too, I suppose  Really, who doesn't need that?  I certainly do!


It was a quiet day today, which is to say everything was relatively normal.  Maddie had her day at school, which I'd like to say more about, but in fact, I don't know much at all.  I don't know what she's learning in math, science, or geography.  I just peeked at her grades now, and they're somewhere in the middle with geography and biology, but they're really very good everywhere else.  She doesn't want any help from me, and in fact is violently against that.  So...  


Anyway, she had her taekwondo tonight.  I wasn't watching because Nana, Mom and I were filling our grocery shopping cart to capacity, catching up on all the things we've needed to get lately.  Our cabinets were getting bare.  We're caught up now, with so much stuff that on the way home, Maddie had to put her taekowndo bag on her lap.  We headed home and Maddie went up to her room while we watched the Olympics some downstairs.  Things haven't been going as well for our USA athletes, the games are still fun to watch.  This  morning I was on the treadmill watching speed skaters from Netherlands dominate as always, and simultaneously listening to podcasts about various Presidents.  I'm right about the point of Benjamin Harrison, who seemed like another great guy beleaguered by a series of unfortunate events.  It could be worse, of course.  Just ask James Garfield and William McKinley.  It's been a fascinating march through history.


Tonight we read from "The Syndrome," nearly finished up.  We're approaching the end of this story, a nice little side-step in the ongoing adventure of the Kingdom Keepers.  I've not been 100% the last few days, so we prayed when we were done, and all of us got to bed early afterwards.


No comments:

Post a Comment