Monday, February 28, 2022

My Dog the Thief

I was a guest speaker this morning at the college and that went very nicely, but as a treat, they took me out to lunch afterwards.  I've been hankering scallops for about two months now, and yeah, that's what I got today at Red Lobster.


Anyway, it was another one of those go-go-go sort of days.  Moving from one thing to the next, going, going, going.  I haven't had am moment to stop in four or five days straight, but tonight I got one.  Until then, Maddie had taekwondo tonight, and we did some grocery shopping while she was kicking people.  This is her last taekwondo until next week when she gets back from Florida.  There will be testing later on, but she's not up for any advancement, so at least there's not any stress involved there.  We're having a hard time finding things at the grocery store, and the price  of gas is climbing, climbing, climbing.  It was already over a dollar higher before the war in Eastern Europe, but now it's going to escalate beyond that.  It's getting tough.  Of course, it could be worse.  We could be in Ukraine.


Tonight we got home and Maddie was doing the last bit of her homework, and soon after that it was time for reading from Kingdom Keepers, and then bed.  I sat down to relax in front of the television and chose a really dated movie, but I love these old random Disney movies.  



Have you seen "My Dog the Thief" yet?  You probably don't need to.  But some of my favorite actors from that sort of era movie, including Joe Flynn and Charles Lane.  Charles Lane is one of those guys you see in all sorts of those movies, playing the same uptight character.  Anyway, it was harmless.  I don't recommend it to everyone, of course.  Sometimes it's good fun to watch an old predictable Disney movie from the 60's, and this fit the bill.


Anyway, it was a busy day.  Just a lot of work and moving around.  But we're getting things done and moving on...


No comments:

Post a Comment