Friday, February 11, 2022

Gnomeo and Juliet

Last night I dreamed Israel was going to war, and I was actually enlisted to help out, although not in a military sense.  I had all kinds of tasks to do and I was wondering why it was me that earned the right to do such things, nevertheless I'm happy to say I started analyzing all the objectives before me and had a good "can-do" spirit about it all.  I was promoted to general, which of course puts a lot on one's shoulders. I'm glad I wasn't overwhelmed though.  I'm not sure what it was I was putting together, but part of it required getting a good photographer, although I know I can take decent photos myself.  Also, there were others around me that were not promoted, which was surprising.  Nevertheless, I attacked my mission objectives just like any general would do, one of which was composing a new anthem with a decent soprano part.  Dreams are weird.


Anyway, it was a decent day today.  Tonight we were watching a few things, including "Gnomeo and Juliet," this to accompany Maddie's recent reading of the famous play "Romeo and Juliet."  



She was finding comparisons and differences, and of course there are plenty of things to find in the movie, along with other Shakespeare references too.  But beyond that, we just love the movie.  Goodness, we were talking about seeing it in the theaters, and I can't believe that was eleven years ago!  Maddie isn't at the end of the play yet, but she's pretty familiar with it by this point.  I'm not saying we'll be reading any Shakespeare any time soon, although that Star Wars Shakespeare book we have is pretty fun.  It takes the story of Star Wars and tells it as if William Shakespeare himself would.  I can definitely get behind that.  Perhaps we can try some further Shakespeare movies... although I have no idea where to start.  Or perhaps not.  We'll see what Maddie wants to do. 


So today I finally finished up writing the script today, and Maddie has a pretty funny part on stage this Sunday that should get a lot of laughs from the kids in the audience.  I'm really so glad to see these younger kids up there on stage doing a bit of acting.  It's been a big source of joy for me to see Maddie up there all this time, "acting up."  She's doing well, as are the other kids up there, learning as she goes, getting more comfortable the more she does it, and of course making church a fun destination for the kids.


I spent a lot of time creating fish and chips labels for paper bags on the upcoming skit.  It was a nice warm day outside today, although that will cool off soon enough.  Still, we've been loving the warmth outside, actually enjoying some nice walks out of the office. 


Maddie had taekwondo once more, first with leadership class tonight and then moving on to the black belt class as well, that one in a different room.  No one had to get up earlier tomorrow, so we were up a little later tonight, watching some snowboarding races.  They were pretty intense and close, but the Americans came out on top with a thrilling victory that had us all cheering.  


We were reading from "Kingdom Keepers" tonight, and then we were praying after that.  It was a good day today, and good news!  We can sleep in tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment