Saturday, March 5, 2022

Galaxy's Edge

Maddie had a great day today at Disney Hollywood Studios, including a long-awaited trip to Galaxy's Edge.  She got to ride "Rise of the Resistance," as well as the Millennium Falcon and Star Tours too, but also went back to the Tower of Terror and even hopped on the Rockin' Roller Coaster.  She had a great time, and took a lot of photos with her cellphone, which you'll see below.  Also included are some of the PhotoPass pictures that were taken of her on a few rides.  One highlight was a visit from Rey while she was in line, and of course getting a few plush friends - a bantha and a tauntaun.  She loved her whole day, especially Galaxy's Edge.   Joey the Porg seemed to have a great day too!



















































































Maddie’s pov:
So today, we set off to Hollywood Studio’s and got there around 8:30. My group went to The Rise of Resistance ride first since someone else and I were talking about it and how it’s supposed to be good. We only had to wait like 30 minutes for it since the park didn’t open until 9 for everyone else. Everyone was like “cool, we’re getting captured by the first order” and they would be like “you guys should be concerned” which was funny honestly cause they were being in character and we were excited people. We got to the ride and a few of us, including me, recorded the whole thing. It caught me screaming on top of my lungs and a few others as well only for us to quickly laugh at ourselves for that. We went off to the Rockin’ Roller Coaster, which at first had scared me watching the riders go off so fast. I actually really enjoyed it. It went really fast, but in a cool way. After that, we went to the Tower Of Terror, which Allena opted out of, and honestly I don’t blame her. First, about half of us (Allena, Mary, Sofia, Ria, Ollie, and me? At least the first three and me) went to stores and got ice cream while 𝙺𝚎𝚗𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚎 and the rest went and saved our spots in line. We got there and Allena went to the store. I wish I did too but I was like “no I wanna do it cause I haven’t done it since I was like in fourth grade” and I now know why my fear of heights and falling was telling me not to ride it. 

We then went to Star Tours and Allena was scared for a sec, but she enjoyed it. We originally were gonna eat at the Drive In restaurant, but we couldn’t since not all of us could at the same time, so we went to Toy Story Land and got Lunch there. After that, we went to the Alien ride there and tried to do the slinky dog rollercoaster, but it malfunctioned and we waited like half an hour so we left and went to Galaxy’s edge again. We then went to The Mellinium Falcon where I saw Rey and Chewie. The Smuggler’s Run was intense lol. We were going heading back to meet Mr.Speakman when I saw Rey and Chewie out for meet and greet. Sofia was like “I’ll go over with you so you can get a pic with them” and I did and that made me so happy. We met Mr.Speakman, went to Galaxy’s Edge for like 10 minutes and I got a Bantha and Taun Taun. We then went to Rockin’ Rollercoaster. Ria and Ollie sat down on the bench instead of riding the roller coaster. I soon joined them and eventually so did Sofia. My phone died and we just sat there tiredly just staring in a way. After they rode Rockin’ Rollercoaster, we went and ate then met up with everyone else to go back to our rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment