Saturday, March 26, 2022

Let's Roll Again


Maddie had a fun time at the roller skating rink today, returning there for the first time since the youth event last summer.  It was a pretty good crowd there, and I'm sure the folks that owned the roller rink were glad to see us coming - we had a KidPak event there, one we called "Kids Day Out," and a good number of kids from various campuses showed up to have a good time together on skates, and also have some of that nostalgic cardboard pizza.  



I'm not wearing skates in this particular picture, but I did get to do a lot of laps with this kid here, and I got to skate around with Maddie for a while too.  Maddie was skating with some other friends, and Camille of course.  I didn't bring the camera, but she brought her phone and was snapping a few pictures here and there.


And she let me take a few too.  You can see this one below that I took early on before everyone got on skates and before things really got started.  She had a great time!


We started out early today, as Team Edge practice was at 8:30 this morning over at the studio.  Maddie was working over there while I was discovering a new trail along Chestatee there, a bike path that was actually pretty nice through the woods.  There were a total of two other people there the time I was walking, and they were on bikes.  There were actually three deer that came right up to the path before they saw me, not really expecting any humans, and not quite sure what to do about it either.  Fortunately, everyone kept calm and we walked our separate ways.  

Maddie and I stopped by a new boba tea place to indulge in her latest obsession.  We keep trying new teas, and each time we're enjoying our choices quite a bit.  We had enough time between practice and the skating to stop at a place like that, so we did of course.

After that, Maddie and I went home, and I was pretty wiped out, obviously.  Mom has been working on costumes for the Easter production, and Nana has been making that work challenging.  I plugged in a movie downstairs as a distraction, one I've never seen before - "Song of the South."  It was actually pretty good.  I can see why it isn't available anywhere, but the character of Uncle Remus seems to be the smartest one in the cast.  Some time ago we went to the Wren's Nest, and we really had a great time learning about the history of Joel Chandler Harris and traditional stories of the South.  Anyway, I enjoyed the movie, and I'm thinking we'll probably head down to the Historic Uncle Remus museum some time in the future.

Maddie was getting a shower and doing some studying today, and after that the plan was to continue our Star Wars marathon, but we spotted this new series called "Parallels," which was apparently made in France.  It's about six episodes long, and we got caught up in one episode, then another, and so on... we'll probably finish it tomorrow night, but everyone enjoyed the ongoing story pretty much.

We got to bed later tonight, but we still made sure we read from Kingdom Keepers.  Still going on this series, over a year later.  We've got a few hundred pages to go.  We were reading about Jessie and the Fairlies, how of course she's now back in 1955 with the rest of the Kingdom Keepers.  It's been fun mandatory reading each night, a really nice tradition.  We said our prayers after that, and got to sleep early enough.  Tomorrow we've got a big day at church, so it's time for bed.  Besides, we've had a pretty energetic day early on!


No comments:

Post a Comment