Sunday, March 6, 2022

Church for Birds


Sunday morning, and the bluebirds are ready for church.  We just put this birdhouse up on the post, which we also put up in the ground earlier, and before we even got to the back door, the bluebirds were already checking it out!  Of course, it's great for the birds to go to church on Sunday...





Obviously the birds weren't the only one at church this morning.  I was at KidPak with the Baker Street Irregulars, although Maddie wasn't there for this service.  You can see the party we were having on stage this morning for a pretty fun skit.




It was a good day.  Maddie got home from her long drive, having left the Pop Century Resort this morning at around 7:30am.  It was an easy drive home - I picked her up from the school at around 4pm, and of course she had a lot to say.  She had some new friends with her, a bantha and a tauntaun amongst them.  But there were other souvenirs, and plenty of tales of her adventures the past few days.  She had a great trip.

We settled back into our routine after that.  We watched "The Phantom Menace" because of her recent visit to Galaxy's Edge, and after that we read another chapter of Kingdom Keepers once more.  We're glad to have her back.  We said our prayers, grateful for her chance to get away, and then soon enough we were all in for the night, enjoying a good night's rest.

Maddie’s pov:

We had packed our stuff and went to breakfast. I just got cereal and a coke (caffeine) and I also got a Mad Hatter Pin and an R2-D2 with porgs pin. We went back to our rooms to get our suitcases and other stuff and went to the bus. We put our suitcases + whatever else that couldn’t fit in there and got onto the bus. We watched The Princess Bride (Sofia’s first time watching it), The Incredibles 2, and Big Fish (had Ewan McGreggor). I was watching The Phantom Menace on and off throughout the trip and with 50 minutes left, fell asleep kinda. I woke up in the middle of Big Fish and I was trying to figure out what was going on then figured it out mostly. I honestly kinda liked it from what I saw. We had stopped at the Georgia State Line rest stop, and Sofia and I got onto the bus last since we didn’t know we were supposed to at that moment. We got to the school and my dad helped me get my stuff. I told them the stories and then watched The Phantom Menace with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment