Friday, March 11, 2022

Getting Chilly

 


It's chili inside, and it's getting chilly outside too!  This is just a small sample of the amazing lunch that Mom packs for both Maddie and myself each day.  Today's entree was a serving of chili which came with optional toppings of cheese, sour cream and some green onions too.  It was the perfect thing for lunch today, given the cooler weather outside.  It's only going to get colder as things go on.  The wind is about to pick up in a major way too.  We've postponed certain outdoor plantings and activities until the weekend is over, not even putting our hose out until after this freezing cold weather has passed.  


We were at the chiropractor today, and something fun happened.  All these years, Maddie hides.  Every single visit, she hides, ever since the very beginning.  She hears the Doc Williams coming down the hall towards the room, and she hides somewhere different in the room, and of course he knows she's supposed to be in the room.  Nevertheless, when he comes in, he acts as if he's forgotten she's supposed to be here and starts even asking the question, "Where's Maddie?"  At which point, she usually jumps out with a ferocious "Boo!"


So this time around, the shoe was on the other foot.  Maddie walked into the room first, and underneath one of the beanbags in the room was Doc Williams, who suddenly jumped up with a big "Boo!"  It made Maddie jump and it was absolutely perfect.  We had a great visit today, all of us, a good adjustment that was a bit overdue.


I was doing a good bit of KidPak prep today, and when we got home I was still at it somewhat.   We've got one more week of our "Get a Clue" story this Sunday, and one more message from the book, although there are two more weekends of the series now.  



I'm glad I got to work in a little from this "Sherlock Gnomes" movie.  I was on the fence about watching it again, and I just felt a nudge to go ahead and check it out again.  I'm glad I did.  I was working on one more message for next weekend, a new one based on sidekicks and Dr. Watson.  The following Sunday we'll probably do a message based on The Great Mouse Detective, which makes me super happy, of course.



Tonight we had some of the Shamrock Swirl that I picked up from the grocery store last week.  I had a few pints of it in the freezer, and we all got to try it - I got Mom some regular green mint and chocolate chip ice cream too, so everyone could join in on the St. Patrick's Day fun.  We were also listening to some Irish vinyl!  I've got a somewhat growing collection, including a few Chieftains records that I had playing while we were eating and getting settled at home.  


Tonight's feature was "Turning Red," the latest Pixar flick, which we enjoyed while the wind just roared outside.  It's going to be chilly tomorrow for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment