Friday, August 23, 2019

Hot and Dry

Daddy finished writing for the next chapter of our ongoing series, and I'm pretty much making it up as I go along - but it's turning out well, thanks to an idea from a visit to the Magic Kingdom, coupled with a few direct references to the first movies, some callbacks to a few great quotes.  We'll post it below, just because.

The rain didn't come by us today, in fact it's been skirting just north of us the last few times.  Lumpkin and White County have been getting hammered lately, while we're pretty dry.  We've got some new plants out there - a lot of new ones.  So Daddy and Madison were out there watering all the plants, thirty seconds per, and it took forty-five minutes or so just for the two of us to water all of them.  That's how many new transplants we have - the area is looking so nice now.

The weather is sunny out there, but there's supposed to be a cooling trend coming, and that will be perfectly wonderful for all of us.  In the meantime, today was a little hot again.

Madison turned in her second chapter of her biography today, and now we're working towards "the future," which I think has to do with what she wants to do as she gets older.  She begins each chapter with a quote, and for this chapter, she's decided to start a quote about the future with Jeremiah 29:11, which is one of everyone's favorite scriptures.

Daddy and Mommy were at the office today, testing out the inflatable suits, making sure the fans work for this weekend - we have a few inflatable suits that you'll see soon enough.  We got our writing done, and things are all settled, at least for this weekend.

While we were out, we picked up "Endgame" to watch at home, and that's a pretty long movie.  Tonight, we don't have any plans, so now our evening is completely full - it's a three-hour movie.  And what a movie it is, completely epic and moving.  This has only fueled more Marvel love for Madison, who wants to see Agent Carter again tomorrow night, watching, "Captain America:  the First Avenger."  It seems a lifetime ago that we were watching that first movie in theaters, and here we are at the end of this era.  I think that's the thing that was the most moving for all of us watching these movies these last ten or eleven years.  Stan Lee's passing only cemented it:  this is the end of something remarkable, over twenty movies of storytelling that led up to this one final chapter.

Afterwards, we read tonight, and said our prayers.  It's been a good day, and tomorrow will be good too, starting with a class Madison was wanting to attend at the martial arts school.  Join us tomorrow to see what's up with that, but in the meantime, here's the script for Sunday...

KidPak Adventures:  Toy Box
You’ve Got a Friend in Me
CUE SLIDE: ANDY’S ROOM
CUE TRACK:  1 TOY STORY 2 GAME MENU SCREEN
CAST is at CENTER STAGE, frozen in place.

NARRATOR:  “It’s playtime!  It’s a happy reunion for the toys, but what is up with this new character that has just walked in?”

LIGHTS ON
CUE TRACK:  2 BUILD TOWN (END at 2:30)
NERDO:  “You’re not going to believe what I just found!”

WOODY:  “What is it?”

BO PEEP:  “Who are you?”

GI-JOJO:  “Whyare you?”

BUZZ:  (stepping forward, explaining)  “This is Nerdo.  He’s uh… he’s uh…”

JESSIE:  (super excited, pointing)  “He’s a nerd!”

BUZZ:  “Yes, exactly.  He’s a nerd action figure.”

WOODY:  “A nerd action figure?”

NERDO:  “I’m a prototype, thank you very much.  (looking downcast)  That’s what my first owner called me, anyway.”

REX:  “Nerdo is a toy that Bonnie found alongside the road. He was banged up a little, but she loves him just the same.”

WHEEZY:  “He must have gotten tossed out a car window! That’s even worse than getting sold at a yard sale!  And believe me, I know…”

BO PEEP:  “Tossed alongside the road?  That sounds…well…  It sounds…”

BILLY, GOAT, GRUFF: “Baaaaaad!”

BO PEEP:  (to BILLY, GOAT and GRUFF) “Yes, that’s it.  Thank you very much.”

BILLY, GOAT, GRUFF: “Baaaaaa!”

WOODY:  “Well, it sounds like you have a home now, partner. So what exactly isa nerd action figure anyway?”

NERDO:  “I’m a Prototype!  Not a nerd action figure!  (downcast again) They were going to sell me in a practical joke store.  (seeing everyone look at him with blank stares) Just press the button on my back, and you’ll see.”

BO PEEP:  “Should we?”

BUZZ:  “I don’t see why not.”

REX:  “Oooh, I’m scared!”

GI-JOJO:  “Come on, people.  It’s not like this is going to kill anyone.”

CAST steps forward, gathering around NERDO.

GI-JOJO:  “One…two… three!”

GI-JOJO reaches forward and presses an area on NERDO’s BACK.

CUE SOUND EFFECT:  RUDE NOISE

GI-JOJO:  “Hit the dirt!”

CAST falls back, gasping.

GI-JOJO:  “It’s like tear gas!”

WHEEZY:  “Now everyoneelseis wheezy too!”

JESSIE:  “Well, I ain’t smelled anything that bad since our time with Stinky Pete!”

WOODY:  “And if that’s the worst thing about you, then I don’t think we…”

NERDO:  “BONNIE’S COMING!”

ALL CAST drops to the ground, lying down, except BUZZ and REX, who freeze in place with an exaggerated pose.

NERDO freezes for a moment too, but looks around, and starts laughing.

CAST slowly rises, confused.

NERDO:  “I got you so good!”

REX:  “I thought Bonnie was really coming back to the room! Great, now I have trust issues!”

JESSIE:  “Nerdo, if brains were dynamite, you wouldn’t have enough to blow your nose!”

NERDO:  “Hey, that’s not nice!”

WOODY:  “Well if the boot fits!”

NERDO:  “Say that again.”

WOODY:  “Well if that boo-tah… fit-sss!”

NERDO:   “I have only one thing to say to you, Mister!”

WOODY:  “What’s that?”

NERDO:  “BONNIE’S COMING!”

ALL CAST drops to the ground, lying down, except BUZZ and REX, who freeze in place with an exaggerated pose.

NERDO freezes for a moment too, but looks around, and starts laughing.

CAST slowly rises, confused.

NERDO:  “I got you again!”

BUZZ:  “Nerdo, on my planet we forgive people for repeatedly pulling cruel pranks, and emitting noxious gasses into the atmosphere.”

NERDO:  “Well that’s a relief.”

BUZZ: “But we’re not onmy planet, are we?”

CAST surrounds NERDO with menace, except BO PEEP and WHEEZY

REX:  “Uh!  I don’t like confrontation!”

NERDO:  “Oh my stars!”

BO PEEP:  “Now hold on!  Everyone stay calm, and don’t do something…”

BILLY, GOAT, GRUFF: “Baaaaaad!”

BO PEEP:  (to BILLY, GOAT and GRUFF) “Yes, that.  (to OTHERS)  Nobody’s perfect.  Each of us can be really irritating or bad in our own annoying way.  I’m looking at you, Rex.”

REX:  “Hey!”

BO PEEP:  “But we’re all like lost sheep.  Despite all our flaws, God loves us all the same.  And because He does, we should do our best to love one another too.”

NERDO:  “I didn’t mean to get everyone mad.  You see, I was made for a practical joke store, so it’s kind of in my nature. I’m sorry!”

WHEEZY:  “It’s okay!  When I first showed up here, I didn’t think people liked me very much. But you all treated me like friends, and now you know something?”

CUE TRACK:  3 TOY STORY 2 GAME MENU SCREEN

WOODY:  “You’re going to sing the song again?”

WHEEZY:  “Yes.  Because…You got a friend in me.  You got a friend in me.  When the road looks rough ahead, and you’re miles and miles from your nice warm…”

MR. POTATO HEAD’S VOICE (offstage):  “BONNIE’S COMING!”

CUT MUSIC

ALL CAST drops to the ground, lying down, except BUZZ and REX, who freeze in place with an exaggerated pose.

CAST slowly rises, confused.

GI-JOJO:  “Okay, I’ve about had it with that joke!  It was really…”

BILLY, GOAT, GRUFF: “Baaaaaad!”

GI-JOJO:  (pointing at the sheep) “And I’ve had it with that joke too!”

REX:  “Bonnie’s not really here!  I’m so confused!  I’m a nervous Rex!” 

WOODY:  “Okay, very funny, whoever did that.”

JESSIE:  “Whoever it is, maybe they want to do a test flight out the window.”

MR. POTATO HEAD enters STAGE RIGHT

BUZZ:  “I’ve already done that once, Jessie.  If it weren’t for Woody here… (noticing MR. POTATO HEAD) Hey, what are you doing here?”

JESSIE:  “Potato Head?”

MR. POTATO HEAD: “That’s MisterPotato Head!  And have I got a story for you!”

CUE TRACK:  3 TOY STORY 2 GAME MENU SCREEN

NARRATOR:  “What is this story?  And where has Mr. Potato Head actually been?  If you want to find out what happens next, you’d best join us next time as we dive into the KidPak Adventures:  Toy Box!”


No comments:

Post a Comment