Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Sunday Morning in Sleepy Hollow

Today I was down at the Gwinnett Arena at 5:55 am.  Yeah, I got there a little too early.  I didn't think I'd get there so quickly!  But get there I did, and it was the start of a pretty full day of Forward prep down there.  I was helping serve food to the volunteers, but I was also suddenly thrown into this extra job of writing for a few of the games for Forward, and having written some things, there was suddenly another decision that completely surprised me:  I'm going to be lending my voice to a few portions as a "rules of the game" guy and a "points guy."  Yikes!  In the old days, I would relish this opportunity, but lately I've shied away from speaking in front of thousands of people...


Anyway, we had a full day there.  Maddie is all ready with her cowboy accessories - we went on a trip to Goodwill tonight to get some costuming material for her "Rodeo" tribe costuming.  While we were there, I spotted a framed engraving that was colored in, a beautiful picture that used to hang at our church decades ago, one called "Sunday Morning at Sleepy Hollow."



We own this now.  I immediately bought it for $9.09.  It's large, a few feet tall by a three or four feet wide, and it's matted and framed.  It's pretty big, and it's just a great picture.  Of course, that's the old church there, and those people there are probably relatives of mine.  My ancestors went to that church, some being deacons there.  Anyway, it was just amazing to round the corner and see this engraving there facing me.  I didn't hesitate, picking it up right away.  Soon it will be hanging in the piano room, I believe.  We just have to get some hooks strong enough to hold it up!


Earlier, we watched "Raya and the Last Dragon" today, part of the message writing that I've got to get done.  I'm almost done with that message, and then I'll have two messages of four done for July's series.  We'll see how that goes, although Forward is going to be a big pause on that.  But tonight's big television moment was watching the last episode of "Obi Wan Kenobi," which was just amazing.  I mean, we literally just saw Obi Wan battle Darth Vader, the two original actors and James Earl Jones doing Darth Vader's voice.  How incredible was that?  This was an amazing television event.  We'll probably watch it again very soon.


We have another big day tomorrow, so we got some rest early tonight.  We did our reading, and then we said our prayers.  It's going to be a big weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment