Monday, July 20, 2020

Start of Crochet

I was out doing lawn work when I heard a bit of commotion a few houses down.  When I went out to look and see what was going on, a smile came across my face:  it was a lemonade stand!


Two girls were doing their best in this quiet area of the neighborhood to call out to anyone interested in buying a small cup of lemonade.  It was only twenty five cents, which of course is a bargain.  Madison immediately took advantage of this great offer!

I gave her a dollar and the girls kept the change as a tip for their remarkable service.  Oddly enough, it was exactly what I needed after sitting out there working in the hot sun.  The temperature lately has been intolerable for at least me, with a heat index of 99 or so.  I've been cutting the grass and weeds in the back yard, and moving mulch down there as well, along with some watering.  Yesterday I had to retire at one point and return later on in the evening when the sun was declining.  It's just been super hot lately.

Madison had her leadership class today, and that was inside, although the air conditioning was turned off a little.  It didn't matter:  Madison was enjoying the new movements she was training with: jumps and twirls and swings with the weapons.  She's actually learning a lot of new things in this leadership class, and Mommy was happy to see that today.  The two of us sat and watched Madison practice in the studio as we looked on.


Afterwards, we made a drop by some friends' house, and the girls had a great time talking.  Madison has been learning from her friend Jolina how to crochet, and now that Mommy knows this is something Madison is wanting to try out, she's happy to lend her some of the materials in the house.  We may even see some of that on the road trip down to Florida.  In the meantime, she's been trying that out at home, and actually enjoys putting things together that way.

Mommy picked up a few things, including a full-sized massage table.  Yes, a massage table.  Yes, this essential oils thing has gone into overdrive now.  I'll explain:  tonight I had a "raindrop massage."  I think that's what it's called.  I have never, ever had a massage before.  At least a formal one.  Sure, someone will rub your shoulders a few moments or whatever.  But this involved actually lying down on a table and having Mommy rub various oils into your back with certain movements and motions and so on.  It was about eight or nine different oils, from what I remember?  Anyway, here we are, literally after midnight, and Mommy is doing her first raindrop massage on me.  Part of the goal was to help with my lungs, which have been inflamed lately, we're thinking a result of the lawn work outside, with allergies and so on.

I also was in the AromaDome again, so there was all kinds of treatment today, along with a hope that things can get better sooner so we can go down to Florida.  We were doing a lot of packing, getting music ready, podcasts, books, kites, board games and so on.  Mommy was obviously packing clothing and bathing suits.

I cooked some burgers tonight on the grill, and Mommy made the corn that I got from the produce market the other day, so we had a nice traditional summer meal tonight for dinner, one that was delicious.  Of course, there was a bit of television tonight, some more "S.H.I.E.L.D." episodes with Ghost Rider, and following that, another chapter of the book "Wings," which we're all enjoying quite a bit.  This book we'll be taking with us to Florida, and possibly finishing down there.  It's been such a fun read, this Bromeliad Trilogy.

We prayed tonight, and then Madison was off to bed after prayers, hide-and-seek, a systematic tucking in, and then jumping out of bed after all that in order to throw about six small stuffed animals at Daddy in rapid fire succession.  We have our traditions!

But afterwards, it was time for the raindrop massage, and after that, a good night's rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment