Thursday, July 16, 2020

Teacher's Assistant


We were back in taekwondo today, as you can see above.  We had to go to the later class, this due to unforeseen GDOT work on a backroad that we got stuck in for over fifteen minutes.  It was brutal.  But fortunately, there's a later class, and that's what we settled on.  Meanwhile, we were over at a friend's house killing a bit of time, just shooting the breeze and talking.  Well, at the least the girls were.  Madison has friends over there, Joy and Jolina (and the rest of the family), while Mommy was talking with their mother about essential oils.  This is not mentioned too much here, but Mommy has been really into essential oils over the last year.  Madison and I breathe in this one oil to clear out the sinuses when we're not well, or there's another to relax things.  There's infusers in the house, and there is something called thieves, which is great for sore throats or sore spots elsewhere.  I have amazingly limited knowledge in this, but Mommy carries some around with her for this or that.  The end result is that we've left this place with something called the AromaDome.  It is literally a kids tent that you sit in while all these essential oil scents are infused into the atmosphere of the dome.  So yeah, given my recent lung troubles, Mommy borrowed it.  I'm going into the AromaDome soon.  With me luck.

It's just a funny name.  My first thought was something like Thunder Dome, where Tina Turner presides, and everyone battles.  But instead of Mad Max characters fighting each other, we have scents and aromas.

Anyway, today I was visiting Jaemor Farms, but I was there to make a file transfer.  Our service provider at our house can be rather slow, and we had all those videos we filmed last night.  I just drove halfway to Josh's house, and he drove halfway down.  I brought my laptop and he brought a hard drive, and we sat there in a produce parking lot, trying not to look suspicious with laptops and technology.

I did get some peaches while I was there, and a root beer for Madison.  Those peaches were absolutely delicious!  We had a bowl of peaches, and they were just right!  I also got some silver corn, so we'll have a great meal soon, enjoying that.

Madison was at taekwondo a little longer today, as we got there earlier.  The reason for this was so she could help as a teacher's assistant.  So she's done this twice now, and really likes helping out with the little ones.  She doesn't do too much presently, but of course she's just getting her feet wet here, trying it out.  I think she likes it, which means we'll probably be spending even more time here at the studio.

She did some piano today - I said I'd give her a root beer if she did her piano.  So she was all over that!  Tonight we played some video games, and we had a bit of time for some S.H.I.E.L.D. episodes - we lost Lash tonight.  We're getting closer to the season end of three, and again, we largely know what's going on.  We're just watching Madison enjoy it all for the first time now.

We got closer to the end of "Diggers" tonight too.  Tomorrow night looks like the last two chapters and the end of that story.  It's been laugh-out-loud funny at times for all of us, and sometimes Daddy has a hard time actually finishing a sentence because I love the writing so much.  I'll be laughing too. It's more interactive, this reading, with Madison blurting out comments from time to time, or laughing, or just super into the story.  I love Terry Pratchett's writing!

We prayed tonight, and there was hide-and-seek, and I did the best I could, but I'm still not 100%.  In fact, I think I was snoring a bit too loud tonight.  That's a thing about marriage counseling classes that people don't talk about too much.  I'm so glad Zena understands, and I'm glad I don't do that all the time.  Same for her - when you're stuffy, you snore.  And the other person retreats to the couch... yeah, that's not exactly the most romantic thing about marriage, but it's real sacrifice there, right?  Again, fortunately, we both usually aren't snorers, so that's good.

ANYWAY, we went to sleep tonight, and I was aided by something to help, so I was out like a rock.  No AromaDome necessary.  We may see some of that tomorrow though.  If there's a tiny little Tina Turner in there selling essential oils, I'll warn you.

No comments:

Post a Comment