Saturday, June 1, 2024

R2-D2

It's June first, and it's Saturday.  Maddie was at Team Edge practice this morning for a few hours, and I was off walking the trail across the way with my new phone.


Yes, I finally got a phone.  Or at least Mom got me one.  We ordered a cover for it, one with a look like R2-D2.  Maddie was seen nice enough to give me a screen image that shows R2 and C-3PO.  



So now the look is complete!  Anyway, I used it to take some pictures along my walk.  So I got my exercise today, even running a little while along the way.  Here's a few pictures I snapped with the phone on the camera.






Getting back, I was able to get a little work done for KidPak, and I think we'll be ready for tomorrow morning.  I was also working on my latest project, taking the words from different Psalms and using AI to make them into a song.  So far I've got about 25 pretty good songs using the lyrics from Psalms.  It's hard to pick a favorite - these are great fun to listen to, and as they're direct scriptures, they help you learn the scriptures too!



Afterwards, Maddie and I went over to get some Boba tea for old times' sake.  We tried some new flavors, and even got some food to eat there.  I got some fish cakes and Maddie got some egg rolls.  We spent some time there at the place, enjoying a quick snack before heading back home.


At home, we went outside for a good bit of yard work.  We accomplished a lot, getting much of the leaves out of the area where the fairy garden and gnomes usually go.  Mom was putting mulch down as Maddie and I were moving a huge amount of leaves over to a new sink hole that's sort of emerged a good bit of distance from the house.  We spotted a few areas where we could see creatures moving beneath the earth, either a chipmunk or a vole, but you could see it moving along the earth kind of like you used to see Bugs Bunny move along beneath the earth.  And we saw something else cool too:  lots of blueberries are on the way.  The blueberry bushes are full of fruit, and that will be pretty awesome in just a little bit more time.


We went back inside and it was time to clean up and relax a bit.  Rain is on the way.  We played "Tropical Freeze" again, moving along.  And after dinner, we watched an old movie, "Uncle Buck," just because it was featured on one streaming sight.  We completely forgot about this movie, so we checked it out.  And after that we saw another episode of "Monk" just because.  


Tonight we were reading about Zuckuss and 4-LOM, or at least about this guy who was meeting them for some reason and writing about his grandad and... well, it was weird.  It was one of those stories that featured Zuckuss and 4-LOM as characters on the side, and it was okay.  We prayed after that, and yes, it was time for bed.  We've got a big morning tomorrow at KidPak!


No comments:

Post a Comment