Monday, April 25, 2022

A Passel of Possums

We did all kinds of shopping today while Maddie was in taekwondo, so I kind of missed a lot of that.  But while I was there, I was getting a box of "Oops All Berries," in preparation for "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." tonight, and yes, it was that episode with Phil Coulson and the Captain Crunch.  It's not exactly "health food," but it sure does taste good!  Of course I was diving into it tonight before bed.  

 

Maddie is winding down the school year, and it's been a fun year for her, this very first year of East Forsyth High School.  We're certainly not done yet, but things are wrapping up for sure, with some pretty big tests coming up.  


This morning I was speaking to the college students again, and I think that should be about it for my speaking to the college students for the school year.  I've done it frequently, and this time was sort of a surprise, as I didn't remember until last night or so, and I was glad to have prepared for about an hour's worth of speaking.  Maddie may be in the college at one point, although she may go to another college just as easily - we'll see how things wind up in a few years, but we're inching closer to that point.  To emphasize this point, I sent out this email to graduating seniors and parents to honor them in our Free Chapel recognition service.  It dawned on me that I'll be doing just this very thing in only three years.  Crazy, huh?  How long ago we started this blog and how tiny she was, and how big she's grown and how mature and smart she's become.


I got the canopy up in the back, and it's just a pleasant place to be in the shade there, with the birds coming up.  Of course the squirrels have been here, and now there are chipmunks making the epic journey up the two flights of stairs to be on the back deck too.  And yes, we've got opossums there too each night, sometimes a posse of possums.  Actually, I think the word is a passel of possums.  



They were actually there tonight as we were sitting, watching television tonight.  We all peek out the window, watching these little guys waddle up a few feet away.  


But soon afterwards, it was time for bed, for reading, and for prayers.  It was a good day - got a lot done today!


No comments:

Post a Comment