Friday, June 18, 2021

Stick Wars


This was just a random bit of footage shot on this computer of all things (I turned it around and used the Photo Booth feature).  Anyway, you can see Maddie with her combat stick in what appears to be a free-for-all.  Every so often, the students deviate from their standard one-on-one training, and just go on this free-roam attack-anyone-you-want-to sort of session.  Brief as it is, it's also pretty hilarious to watch.  This is completely informal, but the students have a great time with this one.


Tonight marked the return of Cad Bane, and what an awesome appearance it was on "The Bad Batch."  We sat down and enjoyed that one together.  We were also sitting down to enjoy the sound of birds calling out on the back deck tonight, so many of them in the woods behind us.  A hummingbird came by to visit, checking us out, and taking a long drink or two from our feeder.


We were doing some watering of the plants outside, but Claudette is coming from the Gulf, and we won't have to do that much over the next several days.  I'm doing more "Oz" research, which means watching the movies again - we were watching "Oz the Great and Powerful."  I'm coming up with an idea for a series on stage now that features a return of the Lion, Tin Man and Scarecrow, this time to Kansas, which I thought would be different.


Maddie was cutting out her blob fish stickers today, playing Minecraft, and doing some writing as well.  It was a quiet day.  I was walking in Arches National Park on the treadmill - it's been a great series of hikes that I've been doing on the treadmill.  I'm not sure where I'll go next, but I've done a lot of exploring of the different trails there within the park.  This one had me on the treadmill an hour, and it really helps to go places while going nowhere, if that makes any sense!


We read tonight, and we prayed tonight.  It's been a quiet summer, but next week should be a nice one for Maddie.


No comments:

Post a Comment