Thursday, June 17, 2021

Learning to Instruct

I did more cardio this morning, the general idea being to get to 3.14 miles in 45 minutes at increasing grades each day.  I was around 6-8% today, an uphill battle, right?  It's been great therapy though, having people there that monitor my progress with the little wires stuck to my chest and abdomen.  A heart monitor relays my heart rate to the central computer and marks my progress.  The goal is to get up to a heart rate around the 130's.  I haven't gotten there as much this week, as my heart is getting stronger, and it actually takes more work to get to that point.  Also, my heart rate is calming down pretty quickly afterwards too, a good sign.  The low blood pressure is interesting though.  


Maddie got her heart rate up with exercise today at taekwondo, two classes of it.  She was instructing at the first class, like always, and then there for her leadership class afterwards.  She was training as an instructor in that class as well, standing in front of the class and leading them in exercises or instructions on how to do particular moves.  She's got more confidence, and more articulation too.  She's able to fully express her instructions and with enough volume as well.  Everyday she's not only learning more martial arts skills with her class, but she's also learning how to be a better instructor and leader.  I'm super proud!


I was proofing our new "Oz" series today, and working on the script for this Sunday too.  We're getting ready for Forward as well, and a roller skating trip this Saturday.  Lots going on at the church, and it can get overwhelming thinking of it in total - you just have to work on one thing at a time.  


Tonight we didn't have as much time to watch something, so we squeezed in a few episodes of season three of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." where we said goodbye to Bobbi and Lance, two really great characters on the show.  



It's a super sad ending, a "spy's goodbye."  Although it's a happy ending for the two of them, as they are safe and sound, just off the team and on their own separate path.  A show called "Most Wanted" was supposed to be released, and in fact from what I understand they actually filmed the pilot episode of it.  Why they never aired that, I don't know.  Why film something and go through all that, and never actually show it?  I know Maddie would love to see it, so by gum, let our voice be heard and at least let us check out the show, right?  I know we don't have much pull in the overall state of things, but we have been those super fans, and it would be super cool to see.


So tonight we finally finished the long book, "Kingdom Keepers III:  Disney in Shadow"  It ended on a good note, with Wayne being rescued, although there's more trouble on the way for sure.  I took down the next book off the shelf afterwards, and yes, we'll be starting on that one right away.  Maddie's enjoying this series.  She has all the friends there at the bed:  Putnam, Poop, and Chuck the Groundhog there with her to hear each chapter.  It's a nice little group!


We said our prayers afterwards, and went to sleep fairly quickly after that.  Or at least I did.  Maddie's a bit of a night owl lately, hence her sleeping in pretty late each morning.  That's okay, because it's summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment