Thursday, June 3, 2021

Video Calls from Home


Maddie called me at the office, and we have these conversations over the computer, as you can see above.  I can't remember what she was calling about - perhaps it was a reminder about her classes tonight.  She had taekwondo, and of course I got home on time to take her and Nana over to taekwondo.  Madison injured her wrist somewhere along the line, perhaps at Six Flags we think.  But she was favoring it a bit, and being careful during practice tonight.  It's getting better each day.

During the conversation, she pulled the computer out so I could see where Mom was outside, doing a bit of gardening there around the arbor.  


There was some spotty rain to help out with the planting, but overall it's been dry.  We have a deficit presently, and a dry season is upon us.  We're not at drought levels yet, but we're approaching those.  Hopefully we can see more rain soon.  


Maddie spent her day doing a few things, including some chores, and spending time playing LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean.  She's got that timed so that she's playing the stories through as we're watching the same movies.  Tomorrow will be the fourth movie.


I was in my cardio class today, and I nearly did four miles and am doing pretty well with it.  At home, I don't push as hard, but I nevertheless do work pretty hard for about 45-50 minutes, pressing on despite wanting to not press on.  Lots of sweat, but my heart rate is up there and I'm feeling better than I've felt in decades.  I still love the POV walks on the treadmill too.  Tomorrow, I'm walking a trail in Arches National Park, and maybe I'll be back in Disney World after that!


As you'd expect, we watched "At World's End" tonight, which is a longer movie.  Madison is also insistent on watching the bloopers after each movie.  This movie has improved over the years, and perhaps that is with the context of knowing that in the fifth movie, issues are resolved and everything turns out okay for Will and Elizabeth.  Not so much for Norrington, of course!


So the movie was long, but we can go to bed later.  I don't have class tomorrow morning, so we can sleep in slightly.  Still, I was pretty wiped out.  We read a little tonight, but not too much!


No comments:

Post a Comment